2»

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 10 June 2018 at 2:49PM
    Options
    iniltous wrote: »
    although Sky don't own the rights to EPL, what you want is them to be the defacto owner

Again, can you point out where I said that? Or is stating things that aren't there more beneficial to whatever point you are trying to make?

but how would any other company get involved without bidding

Again, can you point out where I said that? Or is stating things that aren't there more beneficial to whatever point you are trying to make?

but I also don't want a Sky monopoly,

So you are happy to pay for more than one provider then, therefore increasing your costs? Glad that's been cleared up.

There is a contradiction, you don't mind BT bidding as long their involvement doesn't push the price up, but the prime reason of an auction is to maximise the price obtained, so you think the way to keep the price down is by having only one exclusive provider, so how could anyone ever win without outbidding Sky

Again, I guess the actual content of my posts doesn't matter to you. I couldn't care less how much they pay for the rights. Whether that's £1 or £100 billion. What I want is less expense to me. And whether that is Sky, BT, or my next door neighbour that wins the rights, again I couldn't care less.

For some reason in your world paying 3 providers works out cheaper than paying one. Can you let us all in on your secret?

Sky moved into 'BT' territory offering phone/broadband taking advantage of a system that was designed to reduce BT market share of telecoms,

For some reason you keep going on about BB as if it's the same. It's not. What you are referring to would be only 1 provider allowing to bid. That is not what I have ever said, although you seem to have decided it is.

What would be the same as what has happened is my analogy which you have ignored.
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,406 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    This is a bad deal for Amazon. Twenty games but only actually two days of football a year. I am sure many people will sign up just for one month, cancel then sign up again for a second month.

You can get one month free and the other month will cost you about £7.99 so I am unsure where the money for amazon is here. They need a game a week really to make people sign up.
    Reportedly both in December. If correct, it'd just require a one month sign-up.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • thenugget2018
    Options
    I wonder how long it is before Amazon increase there prices? I believe this already have done in the USA before this announcement.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure