GNER train journeys for a fiver. Fare enough!

Options

Comments

• stuinleeds_2
    Options
    Try dec 14th PM returning sunday 16th at about 10pm 2 people return from leeds total price to London £20
    carole.uk wrote: »
    as anyone seen £5.00 tickets from leeds to london or leeds to bristol, for around the new year, on the GNER site i can't seem to find any £5.00 tickets
  • voyagerweb
    Options
    Any tickets purchased will be honoured by NEXC when they take over, this always goes for Cross Country and East Midlands trains in 8 days.
  • deegee999
    deegee999 Posts: 308 Forumite
    Options
    Got them in the post this morning
  • mrsd
    mrsd Posts: 255 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I didnt have any luck with this, tried several options, and there were no 5 pound fares on the journeys I wanted, and worse still it wouldnt let me use my family railcard either!
    Thoughts to all. Mrs D.
    Grocery challenge £52/£150 for June.
  • Agent_C
    Agent_C Posts: 565 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    St_Fagos wrote: »
    It's worth noting that GNER also sell all-in tickets to Paris via Eurostar. We've just booked via Newark Northgate for a return price of (wait for it) £63 each! Even from St Pancras, Eurostar's new terminal (from 14 Novemeber) the cheapest tickets are £77. That means GNER are charging us MINUS £14 return from Newark to Kings Cross.

Did you book these online? - I couldn't find a way to do it, it just kept telling me to ring their booking line.
  • pegginout
    pegginout Posts: 993 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm trying to go from crewe (or stoke) to london euston but cannot get these for under £25.....any ideas guys?
    :money: Martin Lewis Rocks!:money:
  • pegginout
    pegginout Posts: 993 Forumite
    Options
    OOOPPPS!
    Just checked the map and they don't go to either station.....DURR!
    :money: Martin Lewis Rocks!:money:
  • hullgal_2
    Options
    Thanks very much - the cheapest fare link is great! Got return tickets from Hull to Edinburgh including Saturday travel for £17!!
  • dumpty
    dumpty Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    I absolutely love travelling around by train, so this is my idea of heaven!!

So far I have booked 28 day trips, taking me to the following destinations:
    Glasgow (3 trips), Motherwell, Edinburgh (3 trips), Berwick, Alnmouth, Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Northallerton, York (5 trips), Leeds (5 trips), Wakefield, Doncaster, Retford, Newark and Grantham.

At £10 per trip (£5 per single each way) has only cost me £280. Some of the larger cities can't really be seen in just one day, so I've booked multiple trips to some of these (spread over the offer period - not on consecutive days!).

This has just about filled up my diary for the duration of the offer period, but has saved me a fortune (hundreds of pounds).

Many thanks for the tip off!

Dumpty
  • digitaltoast
    Options
    Doh! I spent ages trying to book this morning, kept going round in circles, and eventually found that the deal ended last night! Dammit - I wonder why the MSE email took so long to reach me? It looks like it took nearly 5 days! But other mail has been OK. Will have to hang around the forums more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure