End of DRO

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
2 replies 789 views
DullvilleDullville Forumite
276 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in IVA & DRO
Do you receive notification from the insolvency agency when your DRO has ended? Mine is due to finish on the 5th June. Thanks.

Replies

• TwubbleTwubble Forumite
    80 Posts
    Nope. It just ends and that's it. :)
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite, Board Guide
    23.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can request written conformation from them, but you do not automatically get any discharge notification.

I would advise taking screenshots of your entry on the insolvency register, and of the entry on your credit file, and keep all your paperwork.

It`s not unheard of for creditors to sell accounts on whilst in a DRO, and the new owner will not always be aware they have bought a lemon.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File and Ratings, Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to:
    [email protected].
    Any views expressed are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    "I don`t trust Bankers, I don`t trust Banks, and I don`t trust you.........Private Frazer".
    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, CitizensAdviceBureaux.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals