MySuperMarket price comparison website

Anyone using the MySuperMarket price comparison website?
And have you noticed any glaring bugs. Primarily that you have to choose ONE supermarket and in doing so
You can't search for cheapest "source" of a product
They send you links to special offers but the links dont work if its not from your selected supermarket
"Price Watch" feature is redundant if they are not related y=to your specified supermarket
This is alllllllllllllllllll crazy since the whoooooooooooole point of the website is to COMPARE prices for you
Any/all attempts to report this to the company is met by some 'admin clerk' that clearly does not use the web site and straps out some company party line instead of acknowledging this glaring error along with some excuse about getting it fixed as soon as possible
If I ruled the world.......

Comments

• YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,691
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've tried it and have given up. The whole website is far from user-friendly, is very "clunky" and slow to load - not good for my blood pressure! ;)
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Primarily that you have to choose ONE supermarket and in doing so You can't search for cheapest "source" of a product

Having chosen the ONE supermarket, search for the required product. When the item is displayed double-click on it. The prices at all the other monitored retailers will then be displayed.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    alanq wrote: »
    Having chosen the ONE supermarket, search for the required product. When the item is displayed double-click on it. The prices at all the other monitored retailers will then be displayed.
    Along with a handy graph showing price fluctuations over the last 12 months.

Yes the website is clunky, but as with most things, it's just a case of getting used to it. I often refer to it if I'm after something branded (ie coffee) to see where it's on offer. I have yet to learn of anyone actually using it for an online shop though.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • robin58
    robin58 Posts: 2,802 Forumite
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    Along with a handy graph showing price fluctuations over the last 12 months.

Yes the website is clunky, but as with most things, it's just a case of getting used to it. I often refer to it if I'm after something branded (ie coffee) to see where it's on offer. I have yet to learn of anyone actually using it for an online shop though.

Exactly how I use it.

I have never used it for an online shop. Why do I need a middle man when all the major supermarkets have thier own websites.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!! ;)
  • glensmen
    glensmen Posts: 118
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Has the 12 month graph not disappeared? Or is there a way to still see it?
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    glensmen wrote: »
    Has the 12 month graph not disappeared? Or is there a way to still see it?

My thought too. It disappeared months ago.

I've never used the mobile version of the site but I can only assume it's a wonderful site. That's assuming that every time the main site gets worse, it's because the mobile version has been improved.
    The last time I got a reply after messaging the site IIRC, was to say they were focussing more on the mobile version. I'm sure they must have stats to show how many visitors they get from each platform, but I would have thought that since the main purpose of these sites is to put together your shopping trolley for home delivery, a large number of users aren't actually wandering around the stores, mobile in hand. But like many sites, as long as the ads keep rolling in, they're probably not bothered about user friendliness.:(

The site is fairly useless to me now anyway as most of my shopping has gone to Aldi, but the individual product price comparisons are still useful, if only for entertainment value to see how much more the big supermarkets charge compared to Lidl & Aldi, even when products are 'on offer':rotfl:

The price alert is probably the most useful feature remaining as it does still let me know when a price is dropped in any of the supermarkets, so for the few branded products I still buy, I can be sure to get the lowest of recent prices.
  • ChrisK....._3
    ChrisK....._3 Posts: 920 Forumite
    VoucherMan wrote: »
    ....... they were focussing more on the mobile version........
    Mobile app is even worse than the main site
    You can't add or remove price watches
    You can't add or remove favourite s

And the admin staff are quite content to recommend you use the main site instead passing it on to the developers for implementing some sort of fix

Also notice it periodically changes you chosen supermarket, and whilst you can change it back you lose a lot of products that are incompatable across this stores.
    Again they don't seem fussed about fixing it
    If I ruled the world.......
  • mylastpound
    mylastpound Posts: 119
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i came across it for the first time last night and i thought it was great. it clearly showed we were paying more by using sainsburys, as Asda came out alot cheaper for the products we buy.

i printed the list off and will be taking it to Asda to do the weekly shop shortly

Was also good to see where the cheapest place was to buy fairy non bio wash.
    3-6 Emergency Fund, No96: £1,000 / £2,000 - House Deposit: £11,000 / £11,000 - Holiday Fund: £100 / £1,300 -
    June 2018 Grocery Challenge £61.59 / £250
  • treasures
    treasures Posts: 65
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi - is anyone having trouble with the MySupermarket.com website? I have been unable to view the items in my basket for 2 days now. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,770
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    treasures wrote: »
    Hi - is anyone having trouble with the MySupermarket.com website? I have been unable to view the items in my basket for 2 days now. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Still slow, but no problems viewing basket here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure