PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

What to offer!

Options
When searching for advice tips in conveyancing, its mentioned that members can get advice on properties and even possibly what to offer.

The following 3 properties are what I'm interested in.

1) rightmove.co.uk/s6p/53705130
2) rightmove.co.uk/s6p/72987584
3) rightmove.co.uk/s6p/53280438

My favourite is number 1). It has a great rear garden and I can see a nice ground floor extension replacing the conservatory.problem is my Mrs hates it and prefers 2) fantastic sunroom with views and 3) great garden.

All 3 have been in the market a few weeks, with no offers so far.

What are you thoughts? Which do you like the look of / potential.

Comments

• goodwithsaving
    goodwithsaving Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I agree with your wife - not at all keen on 1 (from photos), 2nd is favourite and 3rd is nice too. The 3rd looks to have lovely gardens
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,284 Forumite
    Options
    1 is ugly. Even when you've removed the drab fixtures and fittings it will still be ugly. And your wife hates it. So it is never going to be an option. Beggars belief that the opinions of strangers interest you more than hers.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • Mo77
    Mo77 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Ouch! Bit harsh when I was asking for feedback regarding the houses in a "forum".
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 1 June 2018 at 7:33AM
    Options
    Mo77 wrote: »
    Ouch! Bit harsh when I was asking for feedback regarding the houses in a "forum".

He didn't say your wife was ugly....:)

I'm not keen on any of them, especially the barn-conversion types, because they will involve some shared facilities, management committees and so on. They may have some character, but I know a few barn complexes and they may attract a certain sort of character too.....

That leaves the one on the Garth, which is the poor relation in the close, but even if it lacks character, with one arm twisted behind my back, I'd have to go for that, square windows and all.

Yes, getting rid of the conservatory and extending might be an option, if a window could be added in the north wall of the dining room, or it would end up being very dark. The house would by then be somewhat 'bottom heavy, though.
  • Sophie2009
    Sophie2009 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I agree with your wife I like no 2, love the bi folding doors.

No 1 the house is nice but yes would chance the conservatory.

No sure on no 3 as I do like a sun room, or larger area into the garden but it very nice looking.

I guess have a look and get a feel for them if you haven't.
  • Duckdodgers
    Duckdodgers Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I prefer 2 or 3 as well. I don't like the vastness of the open plan room in 1 but if you redecorated and furnished it appropriately it may be alright.
    3 looks really lovely.
  • kinger101
    kinger101 Posts: 6,284 Forumite
    Options
    Mo77 wrote: »

You asked for "you [sic] thoughts". They were provided.
    "Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance" - Confucius
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I too agree with your wife, 1 is awful.
    Love the others, both have character, that's totally lacking in no 1.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Cakeguts
    Cakeguts Posts: 7,627 Forumite
    Options
    I like no 1 the best because it is on a big plot and the back garden isn't overlooked which it is for numbers 2 and 3. I would probably want to change the windows though on no 1.

I hate the barn conversion with the doors that look out onto a small backgarden and the other bit of garden isn full view of the house on the otherside of the boundary.

The terraced cottage also has a backgarden that is very overlooked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure