Uneven floor new fridge and freezer rolling

Feeling tottally sick with regards to this. I purchased a new Beko fridge and matching freezer. They were delivered on Tuesday. I have uneven floor and although we have adjusted the front feet the back of the appliances are on rollers. When I tried to open the doors the suction on the seals is so great it pulls the appliances forward. I have spoken to Beko who say that I have got to tightened the seals with cold water and leave for an hour which I have done, to no effect.
Now they say that it’s tough and I should make sure my floor is even.
Stupidly I purchased not aware of this, and it’s a secret that you are not told about u till you read the installation manual. I have spoke to the company I purchased from JOHN LEWIS. Again they say there’s nothing wrong and basically it’s hard luck.
Does anyone else have any ideas on how to stop the appliances moving forward.

Btw they are both completely level as per my spirit levels. .
SWAGBUCKS STTD 10/11/2013
CASHED OUT £145

Comments

• tacpot12
    tacpot12 Posts: 7,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I suggest you make a couple of pads out of plywood to stand the rear rollers on. Ideally the pas would have depressions or cutouts to allow the rollers to drop into them,.

You can make the pads different thicknesses to level out the floor by putting newspaper under them (use your spirit level to check that they are level side-to-side and front-to-back).

When the fridge and freezer are in position, you could also put some blue-tac or even small circles of corrugated cardboard under the front feet; you need to increase the friction provided by the front feet.

Or get your floor levelled.
    The comments I post are my personal opinion. While I try to check everything is correct before posting, I can and do make mistakes, so always try to check official information sources before relying on my posts.
  • mum1964
    mum1964 Posts: 305 Forumite
    tacpot12 wrote: »
    I suggest you make a couple of pads out of plywood to stand the rear rollers on. Ideally the pas would have depressions or cutouts to allow the rollers to drop into them,.

You can make the pads different thicknesses to level out the floor by putting newspaper under them (use your spirit level to check that they are level side-to-side and front-to-back).

When the fridge and freezer are in position, you could also put some blue-tac or even small circles of corrugated cardboard under the front feet; you need to increase the friction provided by the front feet.

Or get your floor levelled.
    Thanks for ideas, can’t have floor leveled, very old house, with parki flooring. Lol
    CASHED OUT £145
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Most freezers have a pretty good grip soon after they've been closed, so it being a Beko doesn't matter. Simple ways around it until you get the wheels chocked is either to lift the seal away from the body of the appliance with your fingernail before opening, or tape a match to the body of the appliance where the seal meets it. This will prevent a vacuum forming & make it easier to open. It's not a long term solution though.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • mum1964
    EssexExile wrote: »
    Most freezers have a pretty good grip soon after they've been closed, so it being a Beko doesn't matter. Simple ways around it until you get the wheels chocked is either to lift the seal away from the body of the appliance with your fingernail before opening, or tape a match to the body of the appliance where the seal meets it. This will prevent a vacuum forming & make it easier to open. It's not a long term solution though.

What does “chocked mean”I’ve googled it and am getting choc blocks for caravans. Do I need to find mini ones
    CASHED OUT £145
  • missile
    missile Posts: 11,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 31 May 2018 at 7:53PM
    John Lewis have a no quibble refund policy. If you are not happy, ask them to take it back.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Ride hard or stay home :iloveyou:
  • EssexExile
    EssexExile Posts: 6,138 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    mum1964 wrote: »
    What does “chocked mean”I’ve googled it and am getting choc blocks for caravans. Do I need to find mini ones
    I just meant something in front of it to stop it moving like Tacpot's suggestion.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    A couple of wedges.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Could be the floor is just too slippery for the feet and a couple of pads under them would work.

depends what you have if you dont want to buy

that rubbery shelf/table liner might work.
    another trick is to raise the back onto something like a tile so the rollers are not touching the floor.

Are you sure there are not adjusters on the back rollers to have feet in contact?

They do have to be completely level with all 4 feet in contact with the surface.

if these are full hight units with a single door then there will be a good seal and breaking that on some brands they use a lever handle that pushed the door away from the unit

A couple of these suitable placed should stop it moving.
    94278.jpg
  • mum1964
    missile wrote: »
    John Lewis have a no quibble refund policy. If you are not happy, ask them to take it back.

I have been on phone to John Lewis, before posting, they told me there was nothing I could do. I had forgotten about the gtree, with them. Has been a nightmare, as these were replacements for a pair of matching fridge freezers, which both have been written off by manufacturer as insuktation breaking down. So at the moment I have 2 full size fridge freezers p,us the new fridge and the new freezer,

Thanks so much I will ring them again. !!!128077;!!!128076;!!!128077;
    CASHED OUT £145
  • greyteam1959
    greyteam1959 Posts: 4,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Get hold of the handle with one hand whilst holding the fridge freezer with the other ???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure