Lost PCM appeal - no POPLa code given in letter

Hi,
I used the template letter to appeal a ticket from Parking Control Management and they’ve written to me to say ‘I have considered the case carefully and decided to reject your appeal on the following grounds.....’
They’ve offered it back down to the original rate to pay or said ‘if you believe this decision is incorrect, the Independent Appeals Service provides an alternative disputed resolution’.
I’ve checked and there’s no popla code, nor have they even mentioned them, even though the text in the template I used says about the IAS not being independent.
They’ve said if it isn’t paid in 28 days it will go straight over to a DRO where the fine will rise to £160, so I’ll be honest, I am getting a tad jittery.

The photos they took show the car there for 4 mins and a few seconds, surely this is really unfair. Also they say it’s private land but it doesn’t say that on the road sign when you enter.

I’m happy to give them £5 for the inconvenience (not that I caused any to anyone) but it just seems a crazy amount.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you

Replies

• twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    POPLa code = BPA , there is no fine
  • SystemSystem Forumite
    177.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    it will go straight over to a DRO

I would be very surprised if there was a reference to a DRO as this is only available via a specific route. What does it actually say?

Would this happen to be Hayes and Harlington station?
  • twhitehousescattwhitehousescat Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suspect a "typo" not DRO , but DRC as in debt recovery plus or the like , who will simply add on £60 for posting bad quality toilet paper (unsolicited)
  • The_DeepThe_Deep Forumite
    16.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    34.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning TD, back with a vengeance it seems! :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    99.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lost PCM appeal - no POPLA code given in letter
    Clearly not, from an IPC firm. Please just search the forum for PCM, you will learn loads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides