Virgin Media nightmare

I received a letter from Virgin Media saying that they are phasing out the type of TV box that I have and that they would upgrade me to a TIVO box for free. I have a TV only deal. "Don't worry, your contract and monthly price will stay the same", the letter says.

So, as requested I phone up to arrange delivery of the new box, only to be told that my bill would increase to £29(I currently pay £21). I pointed out that the letter said my bill would not increase and after some debate I was passed to someone in Retentions, who appeared very helpful and arranged for delivery of the new box, to be confirmed by email.

However when I received the email it was for a new contract at a cost of £34 a month.(Which obviously I have not accepted). I raised a complaint and am waiting for some from their complaints team to contact me. If my bill does not remain the same as a present I will leave.

Please beware if you have received one of these misleading letters from Virgin Media!!!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    That might just be a standard automatically generated email sent out, Sky have done that a few times to me. Does Virgin show your future bills online? If so check although a call (again) may be necessary.
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    When you ask for clarification, you!!!8217;ll find they will either give a bill credit up front for the amount of the increase or a monthly rebate, that is exclusive to you. The letters are just standard - you!!!8217;ll find there is also a provisioning fee, but this is invariably waived too.
  • banjodog
    banjodog Posts: 33 Forumite
    Very difficult to know what is going on. Spoke to Retentions again and they agreed my bill should not go up. But the confirmation email they promised never arrived and my contract on the web site still says £34. Still waiting for someone from complaints to ring me as promised. Not impressed.
  • I will not talk with Virgin Media on phone, as all I get is being lied to. They will promise the earth, but deliver nothing.
  • I will not talk with Virgin Media on phone, as all I get is being lied to. They will promise the earth, but deliver nothing.

Such as...?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport