Aldi Pan Set

Waterlily24
Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 29 May 2018 at 2:57PM in Praise, vent & warnings
I bought the Aldi pan set last week, cheap at £19.99 but I've had cheaper lol. It doesn't work very well on my induction hob even though it says they are suitable for induction. I put a pan of water on to cook some veg and 20 minutes later the water hadn't boiled. So went back to my usual cheap set.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a refund, luckily I kept the receipt and packaging.

Comments

• Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    If you get one of those steamer basket things which expands inside the pan, you only need an inch of water in the bottom. It would heat up a lot quicker.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • LilElvis
    LilElvis Posts: 5,835 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    You get what you pay for when it comes to cookware.
  • Waterlily24
    LilElvis wrote: »
    You get what you pay for when it comes to cookware.

Most of my pans for the induction hob were really cheap but work very well. I have got some expensive ones but nearly always use the cheap ones, so I don't really believe that for pans.:)
  • Waterlily24
    Ilona wrote: »
    If you get one of those steamer basket things which expands inside the pan, you only need an inch of water in the bottom. It would heat up a lot quicker.

Ilona

Hi Ilona, tried them with a very small amount of water and it still didn't boil.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Most of my pans for the induction hob were really cheap but work very well. I have got some expensive ones but nearly always use the cheap ones, so I don't really believe that for pans.:)
    I do. My most "expensive" set of pans are tri-ply stainless steel and outperform anything I've subsequently purchased that are so-called "induction ready". One thing I still don't have yet is the perfect frying pan for my hob as I tend to buy cheaper ones and have yet to find one that is really good. The amount I've spent I should've just bought the more expensive ones instead.
  • Waterlily24
    I bought a Le Creuset milk pan and can honestly say I don't think it's better than my cheaper sets milk pan. It is sturdier but doesn't work any better. My other sets are Cook's Essentials, Ready Steady Cook and Circulon (sp). Okay they weren't really cheap like the Aldi ones but I did like the look of the Aldi ones and am quite dissaponted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure