Swannery at Abbotsbury

Options
Hi all

Has anyone been to the Swannery at Abbotsbury in Dorset? The cygnets are now hatching and we are thinking of going. The views on Trip Advisor are quite good but I would like to hear from anyone on MSE who has been.

Thanks

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,820 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes, we've been and enjoyed it. It was about ten years ago so I can't remember that well, but I think we used Tesco Clubcard vouchers to get in, and also got admission to some nearby gardens.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, I have been and it's fantastic. There are hundreds of swans everywhere, they aren't too particular about where they build their nests, and don't mind people walking close by, so you get a good view. Feeding time is amazing, they all come towards the man with the bucket of food. I would go again if it wasn't so far away.

Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • redpete
    redpete Posts: 4,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd go with the 1000+ reviews on TripAdvisor rather then the few you might get here.

But it was OK when i went many years ago.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I went zillions of years ago when the children were little. It was a really good day out.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,278 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We went today and it was amazing especially at feeding time. The visitors can feed the swans and get very close to them. The sight of dozens of them fighting for the food and entwining their necks is not a sight I!!!8217;ve ever witnessed before.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure