🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Egg - no details - is there any point persuing

Options
2»

Comments

• betty77
    betty77 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    Fair enough that was my bad as they say, I am just aware of a fair bit of undue negativity on this board in general from regular posters and I think its important that others visiting this board are made aware of that and be encouraged to persist a bit more than is sometimes advised here.

I was myself in the position of having no details but a pervious address, I was told at first sorry we can't help you and then on further probing they did find me. If all else fails people can at least now send a SAR for free and at the very least they can put it to bed if they get no info back.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Betty......has someone made you board admin?

Didn't think so......it's a public forum where people are entitled to their opinion.
  • renes
    renes Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 May 2018 at 12:01AM
    Options
    I wrote in March concerning my deceased husband's Egg Account

I eventually received a response asking for proof of death etc
    Which I sent . ...I received the documents back with covering thank you .

I have received sundry letters over this period from Canada Square ...all using different references ...one asking for proof of who signed for the documents as they had not been received .. ie ...they documents they returned ...

I then received a further letter addressed to my deceased husband ..dated 6 April ...new reference again ...which I received in 7th May

I sent an email to [Removed] at Citi with copies of all correspondence ...needless to say I have not received a response

I am 73 years of age ...and am upset at being ignored and at letters being sent addressed to my deceased husband

Who can I turn to now please

Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Give them a few more weeks, then drop them another line.

It only seems to have been about three weeks since you sent the information - they will try to turn it around within 8 weeks, but it may be longer.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport