Receptionist Training course

Options

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You said you have hospitality experience. Could you not approach the places you were working at and ask if they have any openings for receptionist?
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and Word = MS Office (along with some other bits almost nobody uses).

You'll be expected to know this....
  • batg
    batg Posts: 295 Forumite
    Options
    Will temp agencies take people on and send them to their clients if they don't have the relevant experience?
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surely if you have experience in hospitality then you have the skills and experience for reception work? It may have a different job title but it will use a very similar skill set.
  • GothicStirling
    GothicStirling Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    Options
    ECDL is now the most asked for qualification (used to be RSA III, but now seems defunct). Its what the NHS ask for, certainly. Most colleges run these courses.
  • GothicStirling
    GothicStirling Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    Options
    Sncjw wrote: »
    What about going for nhs receptionist work. You don!!!8217;t need much experience they train you on the job

You do need the IT qualification to get past the recruitment stage. As above ECDL Level 2 will suffice.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    batg wrote: »
    Will temp agencies take people on and send them to their clients if they don't have the relevant experience?

for an entry level phone answering job? yup.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Emmaaar22 wrote: »

Well thank you everyone for your input and suggestions, bit stumped as what to do now. It has left me feeling a bit downbeat as it feels I can`t get anywhere or do anything or theirs not enough opportunities anymore. I hope something will turn up.

Have a look at things like hotel apprenticeships. Bit of reception, can end up running your own hotel.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • hcb42
    hcb42 Posts: 5,962 Forumite
    Options
    If you are working in a hotel already, then you are in the best place - opportunities are almost always from within. Find a mentor, speak to the FOH Manager or the GM and tell them what your aspirations are! ASk the FOH Manager to demonstrate the PMS (Property Management System) and till system to you x
  • Tabbytabitha
    Tabbytabitha Posts: 4,684 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Emmaaar22 wrote: »
    Lots of those come through on the website but I can`t apply for any. Where I live, without a car it will take you a train, a walk and a bus just to get to the hospital as it`s on the other side of the city. So I think it takes about two hours just to get to it.

Well thank you everyone for your input and suggestions, bit stumped as what to do now. It has left me feeling a bit downbeat as it feels I can`t get anywhere or do anything or theirs not enough opportunities anymore. I hope something will turn up.

Put the time and money you were going to put into a receptionist course into learning to drive or buying a banger.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure