Urgent Help To Save Animals!

icon1.gifUrgent : Animal Rescue 22 Cats 3 Dogs
SOUTH YORKSHIRE AREA
A lady has died on our estate. She had left 22 cats and 3 dogs. Her family have refused to find homes or to care for them. They are ALL GOING TO BE PUT DOWN 1PM FRIDAY 26TH OCTOBER 2007.
Please, please don't let these animals die.
Our neighbour, myslef and my partner are trying to find homes for these animals before it is too late.#
If you know of anyone or anywhere these animals can go, even if it is temperory.
THIS IS IN THE SOUTH YORKSHIRE AREA.
MALTBY IN THE BOROUGH OF ROTHERHAM. PLEASE DON'T LET THEM DIE. EVEN IF WE SAVE ONE.
My e-mail address is [EMAIL="Sarahgoben@yahoo.co.uk"]Sarahgoben@yahoo.co.uk[/EMAIL] let me know how you can help. Thank-you Sarah

i hope you don't mind - i have just moved this/copied this over here so it gets more exposure.

Comments

• I thought if they went to the RSPCA or animal rescue and they were healthy they rehomed them?
    Roll on spring, I hate the cold weather:(
    One Direction to win XFactor:j
  • the RSPCA doesn't have room for them. I thought they would be looking after them to. I spoke the inspector in charge of this case and she told me they were definately getting put down... and free of charge too. I don't see the sense in it. They run tv ads and send you leaflets asking to donate £2 a month to look after the animals... not to put them down.

I think the RSPCA in our area is loosing the plot. There is a !!!!! who has just had pups aross the road. Her owners keep locking her outside. She keeps wandering the streets, starving and very skinny. the RSPCA had been round and said because the house is tidy and the other two dogs look okay they are not doing anything.

I really don't know what is happening in this area. Why are so many people being horrible to animals. I just dont get it.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Could we pay to have them transported to another centre? That seems a fair option?

Sorry, posting on both your threads! x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • I have just spoken to my neigbour Pat who was the 1st to try and sort things out. She has phoned the lady's mother who said they are already signed over to be put down.
    BUT when I spoke to the inspector this afternoon she told me that the family were signing them over tomorrow at 1.

I just don't know what is happening at the moment. Pat is going crazy. She is quite elderly and she is getting very stressed about it.

We will be up early tomorrow trying to negociate things with this family and the RSPCA.

I WILL NOT LET THESE ANIMALS DIE WITHOUT TRYING MY DAMN HARDEST
  • mariauk
    mariauk Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Hi

Good luck with this, i really hope you can help get it sorted. Maybe you could try Celia Hammond they are in London but may know of someone up near you that could help? www.celiahammond.org/

Maria
    xx
    :drool: :dance: Timberlake Hussy Clique Member No 3 :dance: :drool:
  • Spudnik_2
    Spudnik_2 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Each RSPCA animal shelter is independently run and has little association with the RSPCA itself. As such, the quality of the care provided by centres around the country fluctuates, often due to a lack of funding. As far as I'm aware, the money donated to the HQ will go towards campaigns and legal fees, whilst anything donated directly to the shelters goes into the care of homeless pets.

I understand the frustration of seeing animals put down so freely, but sometimes there is simply no means of caring for them. Shelters are overflowing - if all of the animals abandoned were taken in, care would have to be severely compromised. The attitude towards this, however, varies from shelter to shelter. This isn't to say that what has to happen to these poor animals is acceptable - it's just not as black and white as you might think.

Is there anyone in the area that can provide transport - anywhere? Is 1pm a definite time? Have any of the animals yet been placed?

I'll try my best - I hope we're not too late. Thank you for alerting us to this.
  • dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Thanks Spudnik,

I am not able to provide any transport, but I would be willing to pay for petrol to get the animals somewhere safe x
    Gone ... or have I?
  • ~cleo~
    ~cleo~ Posts: 583 Forumite
    have you tried the cat protection league for the cats http://www.cats.org.uk/

there must be a rescue willing to take on 3 dogs http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/
    :rolleyes: Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame.:j
  • Ask on https://www.dogpages.org.uk

lots of people on there will help you
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    Ask on www.dogpages.org.uk

lots of people on there will help you

I agree, people on here could help, but it may be too late given the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure