Claiming JSA - Job Offer - What do I do now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Peddeh
    Peddeh Posts: 26 Forumite
    Options
    The new offer is legitimate. I've had an offer letter and a contract, which I've digitally signed.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Peddeh wrote: »
    The new offer is legitimate. I've had an offer letter and a contract, which I've digitally signed.
    Good luck with your new job :beer:
  • Peddeh
    Options
    Thanks guys.
    Will be handing in my notice tomorrow, after an astonishing 2 days on the job.

Further to this, I didn't need to work a notice. I informed my lead, made clear I was happy to work some notice but was asked to leave with a immediate effect (she said I was still in training, so it was pointless). Was told I would still be paid for the time I've worked (as I rightly should) and they would be in touch if they needed my P45 (can't see why they wouldn't need it..), from which they would send me another.

New job starts on the 29th.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Did you cancel the JSA claim?
  • Peddeh
    Options
    Yep, I did that the day I started the first job. Why, should I inform them I've left that job for another offer?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yep, I did that the day I started the first job. Why, should I inform them I've left that job for another offer?
    No, it's nothing to do with them. You have another job and that's why you left the first one.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    As mentioned above you have no need to tell them your leaving one job for another, nothing to do with them and sorry for any confusion I was just checking,
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure