Options
2»

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    alan17 wrote: »
    I agree on the car having a issue, it was fine until the VW emissions remap funny enough! They say it’s fine though.

Will check out the millers thanks!

Thanks for the responses everyone, we are getting a new membership anyway near Xmas. So I may try their performance diesel (my local does stock this) and see how it is on that.

I've always used Millers in diesels and modified diesels i've owned and its been great. Lots of reviews about - also check it out on Amazon for the reviews there.
  • bengalknights
    bengalknights Posts: 5,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I use both tesco and costco 99ron

Usually see a 25 mile tank difference in tesco favour between the 2 however for the price at costco its not a issue.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    I've always used Millers in diesels and modified diesels i've owned and its been great. Lots of reviews about - also check it out on Amazon for the reviews there.
    I tried it for a while with an older diesel but it just stunk the car out with carrying it around in the boot. I gave up in the end and used premium diesel as and when I needed to. I'll usually do 3-4 fill ups of the V-Power diesel every 6 months.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    I tried it for a while with an older diesel but it just stunk the car out with carrying it around in the boot. I gave up in the end and used premium diesel as and when I needed to. I'll usually do 3-4 fill ups of the V-Power diesel every 6 months.

Yes, the trick is either kept it propped upright and well tightened OR (as i did) keep it in the garage at home then just put it in from there.

It does ming to high heaven. :o
  • alan17
    alan17 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 May 2018 at 7:32AM
    Options
    Tarambor wrote: »
    No, you get DPF regens because your car is knackered. Remaps such as ones from Bluefin etc have a nasty tendency to tip a borderline car over the edge. Normally you'd have noticed on a non-DPF car with the amount of black crap coming out the back but as you have a DPF that doesn't happen, you get a blocked DPF instead.

Any idea what could be wrong with it then?, 65k on a modern diesel to be knackered is pretty poor in my opinion.

It!!!8217;s not remapped from a performance perspective. VW have done the emissions fix, which is a remap. It adds an extra injector cycle, I suspect I have worn injectors.

Although the car regens a lot on cheap fuel, it!!!8217;s never blocked fully or had the dpf light come on.

At least its getting 55mpg I guess, it was closer to 60 before emissions fix, Doesnthelp when the fuel is pricey.
  • King_Nothing
    King_Nothing Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ohreally wrote: »
    You sure, the 4 sites I've visited for fuel all were premium diesel.

Will have a look next time I'm there, never really noticed before though, all I know is there are three options at each pump, and two of them are petrol.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Last I topped up at costco on their cheap petrol, it was only a ha'penny less than the sainburys stuff. No nectar points either.

I may drop in & refill there though as the lads are baying for more Pepsi...
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    If the nearest Costco is 25 miles away, surely any saving on price is going to be wiped out by you having to drive there?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure