Options
2»

Comments

• msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    GYKR wrote: »
    I haven't had any problem with them for a year now. I had the current accounts before they introduced the minimum direct debit rule. I got no DD goes out my account and the balance has been kept at £3000 each at a constant. I used the savings account to collect £1 each month from few of my other current accounts to satisfy their minimum DD rules. Be fair, it earns £15 interest a month from the 2 current accounts and I think it cost them money to collect the £1s via DD from my other current accounts. Maybe they don't like me doing it. :(

That might well be a legitimate reason for them closing your account, but if you are just locked out of an account with funds in it, then it is far more likely to be AML checks that are underway.
  • GYKR
    GYKR Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Just called Financial Ombudsman Service and asked for advice. Get to speak to a human as soon as I pressed option 4 and she's been very helpful. Apparently, all I need is the reference number for the complaint and she told me that I am very lucky that, Tesco bank close my complaint only after one week as they allowed to drag this on for up to 8 weeks if they wants to.
  • GYKR
    GYKR Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    msallen wrote: »
    That might well be a legitimate reason for them closing your account, but if you are just locked out of an account with funds in it, then it is far more likely to be AML checks that are underway.

Thank you for your reply. Do you know how long the process is going to take and what's involved?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure