Holiday with toddlers

Options
JamesN
JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Hi

I am looking at taking the family on a staycation toward the end of June. Struggling to find something they would really enjoy that we have not done before.

We went to bluestone last year which was nice if not a little pricey. Do not really fancy it again this year.

We were thinking or going on a bit of a tour around the south coast. Paultons Park seems an ideal stop and will probably venture up to legoland but not sure what else to do. Looking to take a week up so and there will probably be a shopping day and a chill out day at the beach built in but I am just looking for ideas to fill 2-3 days.

Kids are 3.5 and a very active 1 year old.

I have got £40 of Tesco Clubcard points too if that is worth using on something.

Any ideas would be great. Even if it is a total rethink!

Thanks all!

Comments

• GAD1981
    GAD1981 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Have you been to any of the Havens? Devon Cliffs is lovely! We are down in Devon later this month with our four staying at Beverly Holidays, never been before but looks fab!
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,668 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 19 May 2018 at 11:36PM
    Options
    The Just For Tots weeks at Butlins are quite good with children that age. I can't bear the old-style chalets but much prefer to stay in the hotel with an all inclusive breakfast. The week is geared up for pre-schoolers with Teletubbies, Mr Bloom, Justin Fletcher and the Mr Men doing live shows. There are age-appropriate rides, balance bike classes, craft and play-doh sessions, puppets shows and lots more.

If you go to Paultons Park then I've heard good things about the Science Centre in Winchester which isn't too far away. Best for your 3.5 year old though. Then perhaps a good water park for one of the days. I don't know if a day entry to Centre Parks wpuld be poor value compared to other options but their pool is fab, and the toddler section is only a foot deep and warm, with slides and water jets so the littlest can run around and have fun for a bit without being carried.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • purplecatlover
    purplecatlover Posts: 6,628 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I agree with Butlins for toddlers, Ben the not specific for toddler weeks have lots for toddlers to do.

You can’t do day entry to centreparcs unless you are visiting someone who is holidaying there but day entry to Butlins is an option.

Chessington world of adventures has some toddler friendly rides (gruffalo of the top of ,y head) but is also a zoo and sea life centre so could be a good day out too. Under three’s go free both there and at legoland.
  • susancs
    susancs Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    Options
    I think you can't beat a holiday park holiday for toddlers as you have all the facilities in a caravan or chalet you need. You have entertainment onsite which is child friendly. Many parents put their children in pjs and take pushchairs so they can enjoy a bit of the evening entertainment. You can use it as a base to make short journeys to explore the area. The Daily Mail have a £10-£15 per night per person deal (you have to pay for 4 even if 2 adults) and there is lots of availability for your dates. The Isle of Wight is lovely and lots to see and do. We stayed in the smaller languard site which had a pool, takeaway and club houes. Down the road was a Morrisons for cheap evening meals as kids eat free after 3pm. Essy drive to the model village, Black Gang Chine, Needles area with different coloured sands, Donkey santuary and lovely beaches.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/daily-mail-and-breakfree-holidays-from-10-20pp-starting-18th-april-now-live-2926557
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks all. Have gone with your suggestions and booked sandy balls in Hampshire. Managed to get a hot tub and lodge for 4 for mon to fri. £500 all in.

Not far from peppa pig world either!

Did look at Isle of Wight but less travelling for us to Hampshire.

Thanks for the tips on holiday parks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport