MyHermes in trouble...no parcel collections for shop drop-offs for 5 days now in SW London

Options
2»

Comments

• RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LadyDee wrote: »
    My local (brilliant) Hermes courier has been collecting and delivering as usual, and any parcels I've sent have reached their destinations with no delays or problems.
    Are you in SW London?
  • November2
    November2 Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They have to employ drivers and it looks like they don't have one for your area. Very annoying, you should however at some point be able to claim compensation for delayed deliveries so may work out better for you in the end, although you may have problems with Ebay buyers leaving you late delivery blips. Ebay might remove them as tracking will show you dropped parcels off.

Sometimes when I go to book a parcel for London I get the 'we don't deliver to this area' message, It must be absolute hell being a London courier driver, I can imagine it being very difficult to employ or keep any.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    November2 wrote: »
    They have to employ drivers and it looks like they don't have one for your area.
    If they can't get a driver for SW London then it doesn't bode well for them. I agree London must be horrendous to be a courier driver but in this case they've only got to pick up from a shop and drop them off at a depot. They could send any old cab to do that.
    I'd understand if it was in the Highlands but this doesn't seem right at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure