PIP CQ System Failure!! Whats that?

Options
2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Your OP seems to concentrate a lot on the illnesses you have and not on the care you need, is that how you put it over when applying?
  • Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    edited 13 May 2018 at 8:16PM
    Options
    jaxxy00 wrote: »
    Poppy12345 my award is for 5 years and i scored 9 points for daily living ( feel i should have got 40 points) and scored 12 points for mobility ( feel i should have scored 24 although i know that wouldnt have made a difference but just saying).

Should i concentrate on where he has contradicted himself which could have gained me more points or where he has just got things wrong such as my endometriosis is controlled by medication ( which is not true as i have no medication for controlling it. I dont even think theres medication to control it).

He states i physically need help to get on and off the toilet yet in the descriptors instead of giving the answer for 4 or even 6 points hes given me just 2 points ( needs an aid). Journeys he states i have no problem yet i told him because of blackouts i cant go anywhere without somebody. Plus more wrong.

As others has said, you probably need to go through again and read the descriptors carefully.I have have never seen anyone score anything close to 40. Are you adding up more than one set of points under each heading.

For example, you said he notes that you need physical help getting on and off the toilet. It is likely he thought that if you had a raised toilet seat and/or grab rails you could manage this task. If you are saying that even with a raised toilet seat/grab rails you can't get off the toilet without a person physically helping you - then you need to explain why and provide evidence to support that.

IQ
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,966 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    This PIP self test will give you some idea what you could possible score. You can only tick one box for each descriptor because as others have said you can only score points once in each descriptor.
    http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php
  • jaxxy00
    jaxxy00 Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry everyone for slow replies but everytime i come on to see i have to request a new password, then wait for the email to come through with a link. Then i have to click on the link which then sends another email with the actual password in. WHich is 16 characters long!! Not even sure where to change it when i log in.

Anyway, when i filled the form in ( although it seems that or other evidence may have not been seen) i didnt concentrate on my illnesses but the care i needed because of them. I scored 9 points instead of the 12 needed for high care. I just think to myself if only he had put down my 2 hearing aids i would have scored 2 points for them and then where he has put that i need help getting on and off the toilet, if he had put that correctly in the descriptor scoring box i would have had more points than needed. Thats without all the other points i feel i should have got for not being able to wash myself at all, dress myself at all, or cook for myself at all. Thats the highest scoring parts. Then points on the other descriptors too.

Well today was my last day of being able to do naything and after much discussion last night we have decided that im going to leave things as they are and not risk the award being dropped. I feel that after all the stories you hear about PIP that i should be grateful for having got what i did. So thankyou everybody who has answered me. Enjoy your day.
  • joyce341
    Options
    my daughter had her f2f in August she lost her PIP they gave her 0 points apart from 2 for hearing aid lied all the way through .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 November 2018 at 7:46PM
    Options
    I know this isn't going to help the OP but I was given 4 points for care and 0 for mobility after the face to face. With the MR, I had almost the same points, but still no where near enough for an award. You always need to ask for the PA4 report so you cans see what the assessor said. Then you can dispute what they said. I went to the tribunal and received enough points for enhanced care and enhanced mobility.

The face to face assessment was inaccurate, very. Things were ignored and it seems as if the assessor was determined to find nil points lol, regardless of evidence provided and what I said.

It was stressful but I would nearly always say its worth going through the process. While I was going through it, even a charity worker seemed to think I wouldn't improve the points awarded, but she seemed just a tad burned out. I am so glad I stuck to my guns. If 70% of Tribunals are successful, there must be an awful lot of people that feel the same.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure