Options
124»

Comments

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    derrick wrote: »

Again the only version of Office I have is 2000, along with Word 2000.

But you have now installed office 2007 yes ?
    This is getting confusing

If yes to the above - go to control panel, accounts, and enter the username, password and imap settings for your accounts.

Read this :
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en
  • derrick
    derrick Posts: 7,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    But you have now installed office 2007 yes ?
    This is getting confusing

If yes to the above - go to control panel, accounts, and enter the username, password and imap settings for your accounts.

Read this :
    https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7126229?hl=en

I have Office 2007 installed as per post #25.

I have gone to control panel, accounts but nowhere to enter password unless I create a new one, and definitely no imap info. It only shows, "Make changes to your user account", I don't even know the original details.

Have used info from your link re Outlook but no change, Outlook starts to send then comes up with the error as above.

I am going to have to take this to a shop.

Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 16 May 2018 at 2:20PM
    Options
    Dont take it to a shop, this is really easy ..

You need to make sure outlook is configured with all the correct info and settings to use your gmail account.

So first , do the bits from my first link, to allow outlook to access gmail, then configure outlook to use that gmail account - read here :-
    https://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm

Obviously substitute the imap settings in that guide for the correct google ones shown in the first link
    eg imap.google.com

Then click "test account settings" and it will work
  • derrick
    edited 16 May 2018 at 3:06PM
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Dont take it to a shop, this is really easy ..

You need to make sure outlook is configured with all the correct info and settings to use your gmail account.

So first , do the bits from my first link, to allow outlook to access gmail, then configure outlook to use that gmail account - read here :-
    https://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm

Obviously substitute the imap settings in that guide for the correct google ones shown in the first link
    eg imap.google.com

Then click "test account settings" and it will work

Yes everything is easy when you know how:D

I can't even get to the window, "add a new email account", because it doesn't appear.

I have managed to get to a page where the top of the window says "add new E-mail Accounts", but it is not the same as in your link

It asks for the "password your Internet service provider has given you", this is where I might be failing because I am entering my Gmail password which may not be the same, (my internet provider is EE), although just checking and it appears it is the same, although this is my password for EE and may not be the same as "password your Internet service provider has given you".

After clicking next it searches for server settings, then returns, "Problem connecting to server". this is when searching using encrypted and unencrypted searches.

Actually it does not even open a set up Wizard.

• derrick
    Options
    OK Live Mail is working again. Having spoken to Gmail CS, although the guy I spoke to was not on Gmail help he did assist.

When I got an email security alert the other day from Gmail, (below),I did click on the "allowing access to less secure apps", as I have mentioned in this thread, but it made no difference, but during the phone call with Gmail it was suggested I try this again, and lo and behold I now have Live Mail working, I have also sent a test mail from Thunderbird and that arrived in Live Mail, Outlook still seems to be giving problems, but I can live with that.

I was wondering if I may have any problems with allowing "less secure apps" and what might they be, (apps and potential problems)?

"Google just blocked someone from signing into your Google Account ******@gmail.com from an app that may put your account at risk.
    Less secure app
    Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:46 AM (United Kingdom Time)
    United Kingdom*

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family