IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC - Stevenage Leisure Centre - Reply to standard template

Options

Comments

• cufc01
    cufc01 Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    But they already have my address as its a condition of posting when i had to put it in the online form, when sending the appeal on day 26. About two days later I heard of their DVLA ban. Hence my concerns.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,253 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Even if they mocked up a NTK using the data you gave them, it can't be issued under the POFA, you will know why when you read Schedule 4 (the bit about the Secretary of State).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    What was the date of the alleged parking incident?
    And the answer is...
  • cufc01
    Options
    ..... sorry KeithP the date was 4/4/18
  • KeithP
    Options
    So because there was a windscreen ticket, UKPC are not allowed to get keeper details from the DVLA until 28 days after the event.
    By that time they had already been banned by the DVLA.

As C-M (almost) said, without DVLA access any NtK is not capable under PoFA of transferring liability from the driver to the keeper.

So as long as no-one tells UKPC who the driver is, no-one can be expected to pay their speculative invoice.

That won't stop them trying though. Keep your wits about you.
  • cufc01
    Options
    Thanks Keith.

At no stage has a driver ever been named and in my standard template letter, I stated that I wouldn't ever be doing so.

But when making the appeal online, you have to state who the keeper is and give your address.

So do they still have to go via DVLA (to which I now know they have no access to), to issue the NTK, even though they have that information?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    See #13! .
  • KeithP
    Options
    cufc01 wrote: »
    So do they still have to go via DVLA (to which I now know they have no access to), to issue the NTK, even though they have that information?
    My understanding is, and C-M stated it too, unless they get the keeper's name and address from the DVLA, then any NtK issued is not capable transferring liability to the keeper.

That's now twice I've said that. :D

Please read Schedule 4 of The Protection of Freedoms Act for further detail. There's a link to it in post #1 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • cufc01
    Options
    Thank you for explaining it so clearly.

Sorry for asking questions, 'tis all a bit of a worry, but not so much now. How long do they have to issue their NTK? Is it upto 56 days from the date of the original PC?
  • KeithP
    Options
    cufc01 wrote: »
    Thank you for explaining it so clearly.

Sorry for asking questions, 'tis all a bit of a worry, but not so much now. How long do they have to issue their NTK? Is it upto 56 days from the date of the original PC?

Yes... thereabouts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport