Management & Advice for "legacy" investments when an IFA joins SJP?

Options
13»

Comments

• dc_learning
    Options
    As you don't need the portfolio for retirement income you have some freedom to take more risk than most....or you could look at it form the opposite perspective and say you have the luxury of not needing to take as much risk as most people. Right now you are in the first situation.

Had come to similar conclusion - and still working how to resolve it.

I'm at the simplicity extreme as I am convinced it gives me the best change of a good return and with 24 funds in some pretty focused markets you are at the other extreme. Maybe there's a happy medium for you to find.

Am heading in a similar direction for a 'complementary DIY portfolio' - and have already open up a couple of VLS funds - but am thinking a blend of active/passive which is taxing brain/thinking to get right mix.

Thanks
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Am heading in a similar direction for a 'complementary DIY portfolio' - and have already open up a couple of VLS funds - but am thinking a blend of active/passive which is taxing brain/thinking to get right mix.

Thanks

VLSxxx is a pretty radical departure from your current style. I would not be in a rush to buy more funds. I think you first need to do a good spring clean of what you already have and take a good look at the Life Bonds' performance. Then come up with a plan to rationalize what you have; get rid of overlap and get it down to a manageable number of funds. Some trackers might be in there, but I'm not sure you need multi-asset funds....what size of portfolio are we talking about here.... 100k, or 1M?
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
  • dc_learning
    Options
    around 100k 'complementary' fund
  • bostonerimus
    bostonerimus Posts: 5,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    around 100k 'complementary' fund

So in total how much will you have invested and how many funds? I assume the 100k in the complimentary portfolio is in addition to what you already have in those 24 funds you've already mentioned.
    “So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure