Options
13»

Comments

• jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 17,668 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Noree wrote: »
    The visible smoke are for those diesels fitted with a DPF. The limits and data plates also only apply to diesels.

I!!!8217;m waiting to see how much (if any) the media jump on these changes and issues for the public come 20th May onwards.

2007 is unlikely to have DPF fitted on the standard 2.0 TDI engine
    nobile wrote: »
    So you have all these dealers/traders selling old Diesel vehicles at maximum prices knowing full well that they will likely fail their next MOT!

Thanks to all - it has been an eye opener!

Not necessarily, make sure you know which engine it actually is. My 2007 TDI has no DPF fitted so isn't affected by the new rules
    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • Noree
    Noree Posts: 166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 13 May 2018 at 9:01PM
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    2007 is unlikely to have DPF fitted on the standard 2.0 TDI engine

Not necessarily, make sure you know which engine it actually is. My 2007 TDI has no DPF fitted so isn't affected by the new rules

It is very likely it will fail if there is an emissions limit on the manufacturers plate. All of the pre - July 2008 vehicles I have seen them on would fail post 20th May. Not all vehicles have them though. The limit on the plate supersedes the 3.0 limit for your vehicle age. Have a look for it :cool: All diesel vehicles from 1980 onward are potentially affected. DPF or not. However I dont know how far back diesel vehicles have a limit stated on their manufacturer plate. I know some as far back as 15 years or so do.

Nobile, the thing is, there arent many traders that are aware of this, let alone testers (who should know by now). These changes come into effect from 20th May. The testers that do know about these changes are most likely those who have had their emissions testers updated to comply with the impending changes. Those testing centres who dont yet have the update are either waiting for it still, or waiting for a replacement emissions testing machine.
  • nobile
    nobile Posts: 574 Forumite
    Options
    How can I find out which vehicles/models have a DPF fitted or not?

Almost ever vehicle I have in my watch list is an approx 10 year old diesel!

Is there a website or online method of checking?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport