MSE News: Asda trials new temporary £99 card charge for 'pay at the pump' customers

2»

Replies

• Do you suppose they have watchers on MSE?!

As hurrah for an outbreak of listening if so.
    I think there was plenty of bad press on social media that went viral.

Serves them bloody well right. Interesting that there is a petition on Change.org against Sainsbury's changes to their pay rules. Both seem to be committing huge business gaffs just at a time when the two are consolidating :think:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • aj23_2aj23_2 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    You know those times when you go with a mate, who uses different fuel, on the basis they've got no money so you'll do them £10 in their car and then £20 in your car, or you always fill up together/on the same card one after the other .... that's 2x £99

It doesn't affect me - there's only one Asda I use for fuel as the two within 20 miles of me don't sell fuel ... and the one I do use is 200 miles from my house, so I use it once every 2 years or so when I'm that way and need a top up.

Some don't have them - they're just DIY dispensers.

I've never seen a [email protected] only petrol station.
  • moleratmolerat Forumite
    27.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    aj23 wrote: »
    I've never seen a [email protected] only petrol station.
    As has been mentioned ASDA have many of them, Blackpool Cherry Tree Rd is one I have used.
  • rmg1rmg1 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    molerat wrote: »
    No you are not, interest is paid on your actual balance. Santander were forced to pay back interest not paid on pending card transactions.

True, but my actual balance should be £30 not £0.
    Also, I can't use that money should anything crop up so (potentially), I'm doubly stuffed.
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • jeanmdjeanmd Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    aj23 wrote: »
    Just pay at the kiosk. Only used [email protected] a few times and each time something went wrong. This 'quicker' methods usually take longer.

There's no kiosk at Dewsbury.
    £2021 in 2021 no.17 £1,093.20/£2021
  • sparky93sparky93 Forumite
    388 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Shell petrol stations don't do 'pay at the pump', well the one in shirley solihull has done for years, i used it many times....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Iceland's helping struggling pensioners

It's giving out free £30 food vouchers

MSE News

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum