Craziest/most stupid reason you have been blocked?

Options
124»

Comments

• Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    Should I block them? Would this seem OTT or rude on my part?

Myself, I would have blocked them on the spot and I wouldn't waste my time in any form of communication.

Others like to treat an insultingly low offer as the first step in a bargaining process, which may lead to a sale at a better price.

It all depends I guess as to how you personally feel about beggars and begging.
  • wishuponastar
    Options
    Myself, I would have blocked them on the spot and I wouldn't waste my time in any form of communication.

Others like to treat an insultingly low offer as the first step in a bargaining process, which may lead to a sale at a better price.

It all depends I guess as to how you personally feel about beggars and begging.

I think what you would do is probably the best thing in this case, to block them, as I did try to write to them but they haven't even responded so I shouldn't feel too bad about it.

I think generally my feeling about low offers would depend on what the item is and the difference in price offered and asking. In this case there's way too much difference between what is offered and what I'm asking to even try.

One question, (since I've never blocked anyone before), does the person who is getting blocked receive some kind of message or is it only if they try to bid/offer they get told they are blocked?
  • Pierre_De_Grenoble
    Options
    The blocked buyer is not told they are blocked. They only find out when they try to make another offer / bid / whatever.

eBay doesn't give them a reason as to why they have been blocked.
  • Gary123456790
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    I buy cheaply and sell at a higher price, that's how I make a profit
    +1 for me.

I sell new items BIN with no offers and immediate payment required, which cuts out any non-paying chaff but occasionally buyers do some homework after receiving their item and moan that they could buy it cheaper somewhere else - you saw the price and were happy with it, and i've done a lot of research to make sure it will work seamlessly with your device, which is reflected in the detailed description so you know exactly what you are getting and that it will work for you - this is work and when you buy an item you are partly paying for that work. I think people expect every seller on ebay to work for nothing.

These people also do not realise that when they buy something for £1 in Tesco, the cost price Tesco paid is probably 10p, not £1... thats just how it works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure