Options
2»

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May 2018 at 1:31PM
    Options
    Reversing charges is the mechanism that some suppliers use to re-calculate a bill when the actual meter reading provided is less than a reading that has been estimated. If I was doing the sums, I would want to know the readings on the meters taken out and the start readings on the meters put in. There is always the possibility that the supplier has used the start reading of the new meter and estimated a reading based on the meter taken out.
  • wigwam12
    wigwam12 Posts: 86 Forumite
    Options
    Mind you the reversal was in September and the meter was changed in December
  • wigwam12
    Options
    Apologies for the delay here but ongoing help appreciated.
    So in the interim I have checked and yes meter submits in M3 not KWh
    There is a sticker on it dtaed 04/12/17 showing old reading 0126 and new reading 99999
    BUT last smart meter was 14/8 of 14000 and then an estimated reading on 16/11 of 15000 but the day after it read 99999 before the 3rd Dec 0126 read
    I am pretty sure there was 1 gas meter change during this period before the 2nd one on 4th dec to explain the 2 9999s but I have no record of this just a vague memory of them needing to rechange the new gas meter for some reason.

I also received this response from BG just this morning:
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]"I’m sorry you received a very high bill and for the delay in my reply.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]I’ve checked your bill for the period 16 June 2017 to 16 November 2017 and I see that there was a high usage of 2008 units during 16 June 2017 to 17 August 2017 leading to a bill of £1327.06. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]This may happen if an appliance left on or kept on standby mode. The readings we’d received were from the smart meter. Also, there was a meter exchange done at the property after which the readings were consistent. "
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]This doesn't acknowledge or explain why they had to reverse the charges.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]It also assumes the new high readings are correct but the only gas appliances they have are a combi boiler and a gar cooker and neither explain commercial levels of usage in those 3 months.[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&amp][FONT=&amp]Would be grateful for tips on how best to proceed from here please
    [/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
  • wigwam12
    Options
    I thought it might be helpful to update this thread?
    Spoke with BG who have looked firther into the complaint. They seem to suggest they are not sure how the error occured - likely faulty meter
    So they have worked out averaged usage based on previous couple years and the past 6 months and net effect reduced the alleged arrears by a further £930 net dating back to Sept 17.
    Will awake the actual breakdown figures but I think it is a reasonable response. Still leaves about £400 on the account
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure