Faulty PC

Options
13»

Comments

• nhoneymonster
    Options
    Thanks. I'll wait a couple of days for Digital River to respond but if it seems they are going to make things difficult I will start a Section 75.

I've looked at Lenovo's site and there is a link to buy directly from Lenovo that takes you to the online store run by Digital River (although the Digital River are only mentioned in the small print). Bit misleading as they are clearly representing the site as buying directly from Lenovo. If I hadn't been under the impression I'd bought directly from Lenovo I wouldn't have been contacting them to resolve the issue.
  • nhoneymonster
    nhoneymonster Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a reply from the Lenovo online store (or Digital River), and firstly they advised that my PC is outside the 14 day return period, which I'm sure is irrelevant when it's faulty. They have said if technical support are unable to help they will provide a code to authorise a refund. I have contacted technical support to request this, but as they were insistent that I needed a third repair when I contacted them previously I don't think they are going to authorise a refund now.

I'm going to start a Section 75 claim, as neither Lenovo the manufacturer or Lenovo the retailer seem willing to provide a refund and I feel like I'm getting nowhere with them. I'm entitled to a refund under the Consumer Rights Act, but neither party seems to be taking responsibility for it.
  • nhoneymonster
    nhoneymonster Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Technical support replied and said the store had misinformed me and they cannot authorise a refund. After posting on Facebook again it was referred back to the complaints team who have now offered a replacement. I said I would accept the replacement, I don't really want to have to claim through my credit card. Hope this one works OK!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure