What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 7th May?

Options

Comments

• allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not a NSD here....DW bought a secondhand car. Paid in full from savings.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    foxgloves wrote: »
    Oh...sorry forgot.....CCL & HappyKitties....I don't know if this info will be of any use to you, but here goes in case.... Aldi have added another variety to their cat food range, it's a mousse & they are in little tins like the 'well-known gold tin variety'. They are in boxes of 12 for £2.49, but at the moment, they are on offer at £1.79. We got a box on Saturday to try our cat with them. For a big ex-street cat, he can be a bit of a naughty jelly-licker & can sometimes get huffy if presented with varieties which don't have jelly. However, so far, he's loving these, & is practically inhaling them, he's gobbling them so fast, so I'm just flagging them up with you in case useful, as that's a good price, isn't it?
    F x

That is a really good price - our old lady loves mousse style cat food as well. I will make sure that I put it on the list for the next shop. Thank you.

I, too have bagged a nsd today. Wanted to go out and buy garden furniture - used a couple of picnic blankets. Got a free feed at bestie's house in exchange for bringing along a couple of bottles of fizzy pop - amazing BBQ at a butcher's house that's for sure.

Other than that, finished prepping for going back to work, got the kids ready to go back to school, tried to relax a bit and ignore my silly up and down mood.
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    Afternoon Every one

the sun is shining here

big hugs ziggy small steps

todays to do

meals from stores
    clean the windows well the ones I can reach
    Check banking
    hang washing out
    hoover and chase the dust bunny's lol xx

have a good day xxxlppxxx

managed every thing and a cheeky wee NSD
    Nite money savers xx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning :D yeeps we're going on Holiday tomorrow! So freaking excited! So much to do....

ziggy sorry to hear you're struggling x

Today:

* do a load of washing - last minute bits
    * work
    * all meals from stores
    * pack
    * put bottle of wine in the fridge for tonight to lubricate the above :D
    * stop at Mr A on way home and grab a couple of bits
    * get pack of ham out of freezer to make sandwiches to take
    * water plants

Ok that'll do - 11 hours between me and freedom :D
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,128 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Money Savers,
    Got up earlier this morning. Need to leave at 9.30 for a meeting & I've lots to do before then. Today's money saving activity:
    *Bake bread.
    *Water veggie plants.
    *Start planting out the hardier of the bedding plants (all grown from free seed).
    *Leftover Spanish beef thing from yesterday will provide tonight's meal, with a couple of garluc flatbreads from the freezer.
    *Laundry done overnight on cheap tariff - am just about to go & peg it out.
    *Remind mr f to get in undersink cupboard & tighten tap. Also remind mr f that only the flexible 'hose' bit of the tap is supposed to move. Attempts to twist entire tap mechanism to one side i.e to fill kettle, results in loose tap & having to do cupboard yoga with a spanner!
    *Pay 5 x 50ps into my sealed pot.
    *Make tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Drop Ziffit sales off at collection point.
    *Wash hair in time to let it dry naturally.
    *Knit
    Wishing everyone a productive day, esp Ziggy who was low yesterday (x) & CCL who is back at work (x).
    Must get busy with the peg bag now.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,443 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all :)
    Thanks for starting us off Ally :)
    Just popping in quickly as I was awol for most of the weekend and we are going away for a couple of days camping shortly :j
    ((Hugs)) to those who are struggling, and hope work goes ok for CCL and Ally.

Due to mahoosive car expenses last month and this (MOT x 2, new tyres x 4, services x 2 and repairs to camper van's engine and upcoming repairs to its bodywork :eek: we will not be spending much while we are away. Campsite is booked and paid for and I will be taking most of our food. OH wants fish and chips on the beach but due to my norty gall bladder, whose demise is supposed to happen later this month (again) I will be limited to just nicking a few of his chips :rotfl:
    So, unambitious list today:
    Washed hair and allowed to dry naturally
    Crawl into the eaves cupboard to retrieve a bag to pack clothes etc
    Pack food from home, will need a couple of bits from the SM on the way, but not much!
    Remember to post RM surveys letters before we go!
    Pack food etc for the dog, as he comes along with us :)
    Take warm clothes as it looks as though the hot weather might be over :( Doesn't really worry us too much, as we are walkers rather than sunbathers :)
    Water seedlings and leave greenhouse open - will be planting some things out once we get back, and they can harden off a bit in the meantime

Hope everyone has a good week, and will catch up on Thursday :)
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 8 May 2018 at 4:12PM
    Options
    Morning folks

Big hugs to those who need them. We always like to hear from you xxx

Quite a nice day yesterday. Went over to Norton Priory. Quite expensive to get in, but only other spend was £2.00 on a coffee for OH. Took a packed lunch.

Also cooked dinner despite being a bit tired and cba. We're starting to nibble a good gap into the freezer now. Was quite pleased with last night's dinner. It was a big bag of chopped up sweet potato, swede and parsnip (frozen months ago) and some chopped up leeks and onion all roasted together. Then topped with cheese sauce and roasted some more until the sauce was all kinda absorbed and topped with breadcrumbs. Was much tastier than expected and good way to use up some awkward bits and bobs.

Today's mission:
    • B/L/D from stores
    • Gym at lunchtime if I feel ok. Am feeling a bit light headed but am not sure if anxiety, stress or actual illness. - nope. Work FUBAR so need to sort issues
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Reconcile spreadsheets if hubby paid
    • No alcohol
    • OH to do housework
    • Water bits in greenhouse.
    • Nab some free plants off my lovely boss. Courgettes and mangetout :) he's also offered me some salad tomatoes to make up for those that were destroyed by the snails in the greenhouse - done
    • Might nip to the starbucks down the road to see if they are still giving away free coffee grounds
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Enjoy your breaks Dawn and determined
    Hope work is ok ally and CCL
    Hope you're feeling ok Ziggy
    1luckylady hope the atmosphere at home has cleared

I thought I was in the office today until I checked my phone to see what time my first meeting was and realised I'm at a meeting this afternoon in another town :rotfl: so hopefully I can get a few jobs done this morning. I've already done a few:

Checked banking, update sheet and overpayment to loan -done
    Made meatballs for a few lunches this week -done
    Cooked some chicken for tea - done
    Fill in insurance form and take to vet and pick up some medication already paid for
    Move some money from pots back to bank account
    Maybe some yoga at home later
    Work will pay for lunch, must not get excited at being out and stick to food plan :o
    My lunch I'd made for today I'll take tomorrow
    Home pedicure tonight
    Balance just for point cc
    Washing out, at least 1, hopefully 2 loads
    Triage fridge - done

Right, must get on and see what I can achieve in the next two hours before I need to leave.
  • spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm also still here but nothing much to contribute. Just feel like, after a few good months, I've pretty much ground to a halt. Still plugging away but not seeming to get anywhere fast especially with debt repayments - I've only managed to pay off an extra £23 in the past couple of weeks which is a drop in the ocean against the £19k I owe. It's very tempting to throw in the towel and have a splurge but I'm not going to. I have noticed a few things sliding though - not being so strict with budgets and making little purchases here and there means I've not really managed any NSD's either. I'm mad at myself and determined to nip it in the bud ASAP.

Todays small things:

Hopefully NSD
    Going to mums for tea so using her food, electric etc
    Water veggie plants which are doing well
    Do "monday" banking and transfer money to all saving pots
    Pay money across from insurance pot to cover insurance premium going out tomorrow
    Deliver some baby stuff I've sold online on way out for work.

Think thats it - hope you all have a lovely sunny day where you are
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone :hello:

It's only lunchtime but I am absolutely shattered. Really pleased I came back on a quiet teaching day so that I could get a start on stuff.
    So far I have
    :cool: brought in my breakfast and lunch from home to save money and aim for a nsd.
    :cool: Checked my banking which is already far too scary for my liking this early on in the month
    :cool: written a to do list for work as there are a couple of big things I need to catch up on (like Parents Evening tomorrow)
    Not too much mse going on today - it's all about work.
    Ziggy - hope you're ok today.
    DNMS - enjoy the hols!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family