Multiple Quotes

Options
So I have learnt through MSE that doing multiple quotes online, and changing details can cause problems.

So, do these quotes expire over a period of time?

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Yes. .
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 7 May 2018 at 9:03AM
    Options
    As a matter of curiousity is there anything technically illegal about using someone else's address for getting quotes for Fred or Freda Bloggs who "live" at a house just around the corner from you?

(Although of course by some amazing coincidence they might actually be called that and then presumably you might causing them multiple quote issues :D )

Quentin - How long does it take usually for multiple quotes to expire?
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shedman

Look into the new Data Protection legislation that now applies. It will be that which applies now, meaning that data cannot be processed after a given period. From memory, i think it is 6 months ? But others might be more up to date on this.

I don't use comparison sites any more as they are basically data harvesters. I got fed up with phone calls and marketing post, I received after using them, even though I opted out of receiving such calls and marketing. The companies that comparison sites sell the data to, just ignore the DPA opt outs.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • john432
    john432 Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long does it take for the quotes to expire?
  • kelevraz
    kelevraz Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    Shedman wrote: »
    As a matter of curiousity is there anything technically illegal about using someone else's address for getting quotes for Fred or Freda Bloggs who "live" at a house just around the corner from you?

(Although of course by some amazing coincidence they might actually be called that and then presumably you might causing them multiple quote issues :D )

Quentin - How long does it take usually for multiple quotes to expire?

Normally takes about 30-60 days, because most insurers will only let you pay for a policy if it will incept within 2 months of purchase date.

And no, theres nothing illegal about putting in any information you want into the aggregator sites, you can do one as the queen if you want lol
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure