DWP Harrassing us

Options

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    TELLIT01 wrote: »
    I agree with much of what NeilCr posted in #26 above but not the section about being wary if no link is provided.
    I worked for DWP for a number of years and very rarely provide links when queries are of a fairly general nature. I don't believe that makes my contributions any less valid.

Nor do I, which, I suspect, was why the original author chose the word wary. Trolls very very rarely support what they say with links. Therefore, newbies, especially, need to check out the posters back history to see how their posts have been received and how helpful they have been.

With links, it's easy to validate what the poster has said.

And I do know from my own experience having worked in HR how easy it is for your knowledge to become out of date. I think you may have mentioned this before TELLIT01
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    And I do know from my own experience having worked in HR how easy it is for your knowledge to become out of date. I think you may have mentioned this before TELLIT01

Your absolutely correct Neil. That's why I don't answer any questions about UC. Changes to the likes of ESA and IS are limited - too much effort for the limited return for DWP. There were some changes around the time I stopped working on ESA but they are more around time limiting on benefit rather than basic entitlement.
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    Even the folk currently working on UC at the DWP and job centre are (understandably) having to keep checking the rules, it so new and incongruous at times.
  • Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    I don't think the guidance on living together has changed much in 35 years, except it now covers same sex couples
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I apologize if I have posted offensively, this was never my intention.

The poster was not referring to you.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Leavemealone
    Leavemealone Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, a bit dumbfounded really, as I was not there I cannot say for sure what happened, but my friend came out in tears saying she was moving into bed and breakfast so that I and she could each have carers without any loss of income? She has booked into Premier Inn for a week in order for her and possibly my incomes will not change.
    Cannot for the life of me know what was said, but she does not cry and take this kind of action lightly and certainly would not act this quickly if threats were not involved, I get a 'nod' when I ask have you been threatened with loss of income if you do not do this.
    Obviously DWP will not tell me, and rightly so, what was said and 'threatened". Not really sure where to go from here. Have attempted to get a 'quick' Doctor Appointment, telephone next wednesday morning, might be something Then, if urgent, urgent now, "phone 111!
  • w06
    w06 Posts: 917 Forumite
    Options
    sorry to hear it didnt go well.

Surely a week in a Premier Inn will cost more than either of you stand to lose?

I don't think your GP will be able to help you with this, it's more to do with how the DWP perceive your living situation than any health issue.

Where does carers allowance come into the equation? Life partners or friends or completely unrelated folk can claim it provided meet the rules.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I can't know what was said, but I suspect that the way your friend answered questions led to the conclusion that you are a couple. That could easily be down to the way the questions were phrased. All she can do is wait for formal notification and then appeal.
  • Leavemealone
    Options
    It has, apparently to do with Disabled allowance as part of pension credit and Council Tax when for 2 people (not a couple). She had to move out today or benefits would be stopped. Unfortunately she is not at Premier Inn, no expense there, suspected stroke at 4pm, no more details as of yet.
  • Thomas_The_Tank_Top
    Options
    Morning Andy. Please keep us updated on Flo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure