Options
2»

Comments

• msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    spadoosh wrote: »
    Probably in the terms and conditions but id be looking at having a splurge at the online apple store on the last day of the offer. Once its arrived and beyond the offer date request a refund. All about the timing though and if amex systems will pick up whats blatantly something used to take advantage.

I would not recommend doing this.
  • sultanoflondon
    Options
    How about making a large pre-payment against a mobile phone bill? I used to do this with my contract phone. I'd generally get a month behind with the bill, phone them up and pay a few hundred on my credit card (there was a limit). That would generally keep it going for the next 2 or 3 months.

There maybe other bills you can overpay too.

This is a good idea as well, thank you very much!
  • The_Urbanite
    The_Urbanite Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    There is a name for this. It is called manufactured spending. Beware that if a working route is identified in public, it will be hammered and rapidly shut down. It's not just points collectors who do this, but also people who want to cash out stolen credit cards.

I've been points collecting for some time now and it takes a lot of research and trial and error to uncover working routes. The best advice I can offer is to Google Manufactured Spending and have a look at routes that have worked in the past - then devise your own using similar methods.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure