Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    Track records speak for themselves - Yours isnt looking too clever to date ..

Insert last word Below , im done here
    |
    |
    \/

Track records get derailed when you change names.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    It's about character.

No -- it's about common sense.
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    If you live your life acting like everyone is going to rip you off, you are missing out on a lot.
    Trusting and being trusted adds colour to one's life. You can meet the worst, but you can also meet the best.
    You had an opportunity to create a good experience, both emotionally as well as making the upgrade to your machine. But instead you looked the horse in the mouth. Jumped on the wrong bandwagon, so to speak.
    I won't be helping you again.....unless you change your name.

Installing a BIOS from an untrustworthy site is madness. It's like teaching kids that it's okay to accept sweets from strangers.

You might mean no harm, but its irresponsible to encourage people to engage in risky behaviour. Especially when you were completely unwilling to explain the reason you were suggesting it.

Trust is earnt. Trustworthiness is demonstrated by giving good advice and being open and honest about it.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    Track records get derailed when you change names.

It's about character. If you live your life acting like everyone is going to rip you off, you are missing out on a lot.
    Trusting and being trusted adds colour to one's life. You can meet the worst, but you can also meet the best.
    The likelihood of a member posting malware on the forum is very low.
    The likelihood of it being in the form of a BIOS file exactly for your machine, is minuscule.

You had an opportunity to create a good experience, both emotionally as well as making the upgrade to your machine. But instead you looked the horse in the mouth. Jumped on the wrong bandwagon, so to speak.
    I won't be helping you again.....unless you change your name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure