Leasing quote

Options
Hi,
I received a quote to lease which I agreed to and sent back written agreement.
Just been told that they made a mistake and forgot to include VAT (personal lease). As with other service quotes, should the original quote stand or not as an honest mistake?

Comments

• JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Wozza74 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I received a quote to lease which I agreed to and sent back written agreement.
    Just been told that they made a mistake and forgot to include VAT (personal lease). As with other service quotes, should the original quote stand or not as an honest mistake?

I dont think that there is anything legal that you can hold them to as they wont have signed their part. They may as a gesture of good will honour it but wouldn't bank on it.

Have you looked at Nationwide Vehicle Contracts or Contract Hire and Leasing sites to see if anything cheaper?

What car & spec and term were you looking at?

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/personal/car-leasing/

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/
  • Wozza74
    Wozza74 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Neither of those two sites were cheaper.

There wouldn't be anything for them to sign. Just like, for example, building work. Builder gives you a quote (not estimate) and you either agree or go elsewhere.

In my case, they've presented a full quote which I accepted, if classed in same way as building, cannot then request more unless unforeseen circumstances.
  • bigisi
    bigisi Posts: 925 Forumite
    Options
    Wozza74 wrote: »
    In my case, they've presented a full quote which I accepted, if classed in same way as building, cannot then request more unless unforeseen circumstances.

Yes they can. You can agree to accept the new quote/deal or walk away. Those are your choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure