When do you bid on Ebay?

I currently have a few unwanted toys listed on Ebay. One of which has 18 watchers and no bids - the same item received two requests for a buy it now not long after listing it.

I guess most of the watchers are like me and only bid near the end but I'm curious what everyone else does.

What also annoys me is that sometimes I forget to bid at the last minute and the item either sells for its start price of 99p to someone else or it gets relisted and goes for way more than I was prepared to pay for it.

Comments

• Nesty
    Nesty Posts: 492 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well it depends on what the item is.
    Sometimes, I have bidded in advance to become the 1st bidder, that way I know what is my budget. If I am outbided, then I can turn my attentions to another same/similar item (if available).
    If I feel the item a bit more sought after then I tend to go in right at the end.
  • Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    What also annoys me is that sometimes I forget to bid at the last minute and the item either sells for its start price of 99p to someone else or it gets relisted and goes for way more than I was prepared to pay for it.

The remedy is in your hands...set a reminder on your phone, or change your ebay settings so that you get an alert reminding you the item ends soon.
  • BargainJunky
    BargainJunky Posts: 1,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Brynsam wrote: »
    The remedy is in your hands...set a reminder on your phone, or change your ebay settings so that you get an alert reminding you the item ends soon.

Will try that next time.

My listing is still live with just over 36 hours to run - no bids but 21 avid watchers lets hope they remember to set their phones to remind them to bid.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure