Van Insurance Declined

Options
13»

Comments

• AstroTurtle
    Options
    It's not just van insurance though, Insurers have to calculate risk across their whole book of business to ensure they don't go belly up in payouts/losses/debts.

Whether we like it or not there is a huge number of people who operate Phoenix companies and a lot of those leave insurers with high unpaid premiums when they liquidate their company and run off and make a new one. Insurers are never going to go for risks they can easily avoid it's a simple why risk it at all? for them. Even if you pay in full they still run risks of fraudulent claims, poorer driving habits, extra risks for driving against the insurers exclusions.

A 17 year old might be the best driver on the face of the earth, But on a book of 1000's of people they get lumped into the same category as everyone else.
    Save £12k in 2019 -
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    mallygp wrote: »
    Wowzer. I seem to remember a more forgiven forum than this.

I keep seeing this - and i just dont get it :huh:

Do you want the truth so you are armed respecively ? But may not be what you want to hear

Or is it that you want to be told "No the company have no right to do this - sue the pants off them" , which wouldn't help a jot, but would massage your ego ..
  • mallygp
    mallygp Posts: 26 Forumite
    edited 27 April 2018 at 10:26PM
    Options
    AndyPix wrote: »
    I keep seeing this - and i just dont get it :huh:

Statistics can't be wrong if you keep seeing this then. :rotfl::rotfl:

Who said anything about suing the pants of them. Assumptions again. You making stats up again :T

If you read my post you would see that the broker phoned me and apologised as they were unaware of this and had no question on the online form asking about CCJ's or Bankruptcy.

Which they should have now. As confirmed by the Comparison Site who would also be testing there ad.

So win win there for me. Accepted there apology and dropped the complaint.

I'm pursing the assumption made on Bankruptcy.

If we let things like this creep in what next:

Anyone who has ever claimed or is claiming Job-seekers Allowance.

Lets face it people on the dole are likely to claim and scam as well.........(Bogus stat used as an example)

Never claimed dole or Job-seekers so it wouldn't affect me. Would I give a toss though. Hell yeah. And I'd raise the issue and peruse it.

So that's my point.

I'll be pushing forward with the issue and too those who are still interested I'll keep you updated.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport