Options
13»

Comments

• tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Quick question again -

On page 19 of ESA50 is it advisable to put I want face to face recording, if asked to attend the assessment? or leave blank?

I might be wrong, but do assessment people send recording to ESA people.

I fear assessment people might not write everything I say or tell lies, etc.

What are views of those who have attended assessments.

Thanks
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,982 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Quick question again -

On page 19 of ESA50 is it advisable to put I want face to face recording, if asked to attend the assessment? or leave blank?

I might be wrong, but do assessment people send recording to ESA people.

I fear assessment people might not write everything I say or tell lies, etc.

What are views of those who have attended assessments.

Thanks
    You can ask for it to be recorded yes, but there maybe a longer wait for the assessment, if one is needed. I would also follow the request up by ringing the assessment providers a few weeks after the form is sent.
  • Danday
    Danday Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    No assessment is easy. If you do have to attend one just give as much info as possible and avoid answering just a yes or no.

It is not always possible to get the assessor to listen to extended answers/comments. Some will only want a yes/no answer to a statement that they ask especially if they have a full work load for that day.
    If that happens you have to insist telling them that it is your assessment, not their's and that they listen to your reply in full before moving on to the next question.
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "I think newcomers to this forum need to bear in mind that this is a public site on which anyone can post. You can't assume information is trustworthy, indeed some posters are known to disrupt, post disinformation, and tell tall stories.

I would caution newcomers to be wary of any advice supplied that doesn't contain a link to an authoritative site. Such sites include adviceguide, entitled to, turn2us, revenuebenefits.
    Accredited benefit advice is available from local advice agencies such as Citizens Advice.

Please don't take horror stories about benefit assessments, appeals etc at face value. There are posters on here who whose aim seems to be to alarm, frighten, and generally dissuade OP's from pursuing sensible actions to claim / regain the right benefits.

Harmful and misleading posters are easily identified by the reaction to their posts
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,982 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Danday wrote: »
    It is not always possible to get the assessor to listen to extended answers/comments. Some will only want a yes/no answer to a statement that they ask especially if they have a full work load for that day.
    If that happens you have to insist telling them that it is your assessment, not their's and that they listen to your reply in full before moving on to the next question.
    So you say.........................................................
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure