Unusual one

Options
I am trying to sell a linx tablet.

Have been using ebay for 10 years + and all transactions have been ok more or less. 100% rating on 800 sales over the years and never had any issues.

This tablet though seems jinxed.

I have listed it 3 times and all 3 times it has sold only for ebay to freeze the auction after its ended. (usually within seconds)

Each time the last minute bidder is a new account set up the day before with no feedback. (different one each time as ebay close the accounts)

I understand why ebay are doing what they are doing but cannot work out why the same item has had the same issue 3 times in a row.

I have tried changing the buyer settings but cant seem to set it for only allowing bids from people with X number of positives. (It only allows me to exclude negatives)

I have set it up to only accept bids from people with paypal AND a valid credit card.

Is there anything else I can do?

I have listed a BIN price in the hope a serious bidder presses the button but cant understand why this has never happened before but has happened 3 times in a row with this one device.

Ebay have been great with refunds but I am frustrated this thing is still here.

I have sold other things alongside this with no issues so dont think its personal or someone is targeting me. It seems item specific.

Thanks

Comments

• ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    As simple as the fraudsters are quite specific in what they want. Personally I wouldn't be offering to send it outside the country to see if that helps?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure