IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

APCOA new car parking system PCN

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If you wish to appeal, you must do so within 28 days of this letter.
    Thought you had appealed, or did the PCN only offer postal appeal? If so, do that.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Ibcus
    Ibcus Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    To get this straight, they only mentioned a postal appeal in the parking charge notice.

Their webiste has an online appeal page and it accepted all the details to submit the appeal.

I may leave it 27 days and appeal again via their web site
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    they only mentioned a postal appeal in the parking charge notice
    Right, so you do that, appeal NOW by post. As keeper, then at POPLA stage you will win, easily.

Scam over.
    I may leave it 27 days and appeal again via their web site
    errrrmmm...I am struggling to think why you believe that's a good idea. Scam not over...and then appealing by post would be too late.
  • Ibcus
    Options
    So appeal by post using the same template I used online, the blue one from newbie thread?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Obviously. Not sure how many times we have to repeat...

How is this difficult?
  • Ibcus
    edited 11 May 2018 at 12:13AM
    Options
    It may not be difficult to you, but when you get replies like these they may be a bit conflicting/misleading
    Ibcus wrote: »
    On reading the PCN it says it can be paid by cheque or postal order, by phone call or online.
    To appeal it says it has to be by post to a PO box number.

APCOA have a page titled
    View the evidence, pay or challenge my Parking Charge Notice (PCN/ECN)

Can we use this to appeal or does it have to be by post, and if we can why does it not mention it on the NtK?
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    If there is no online appeal method than you will have to send it by post. Do this from a Post Office counter, send it first class, and obtain a free proof of posting. Do NOT use any other method of posting.

Just print and post the template from the NEWBIES. If/when it's rejected, then you will need up on how to win at PoPLA.
    Ibcus wrote: »
    There is an online appeal method on their website, it's just that they don't mention it on the letter they sent
    Redx wrote: »
    use the ONLINE method if available, but ensure you check carefully that it does not name the driver, so avoid any tick boxes or options etc where the driver is being coerced into appealing as driver , they will try to trick you on this

choose any and all options that keep it as a non-driver appeal, if in any doubt , use the postal method described above instead (so NOT signed for and not special delivery either)

DO NOT ALTER OR AMEND THE TEMPLATE
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Obviously. Not sure how many times we have to repeat...

How is this difficult?

I know you are busy and help lots of people, but please do excuse me for making sure I am doing the right thing.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    You never needed to ask...

The NEWBIES thread says under the template appeal letter:
    Yours faithfully,

THE NAME AND POSTAL ADDRESS OF THE KEEPER (OR THE HIRER/LESSEE) GOES HERE. THE DRIVER IS NOT IDENTIFIED.

DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME HERE INSTEAD, IF YOU ARE NOT THE KEEPER/HIRER/LESSEE. YOU ARE NOT HELPING IF YOU DO THIS WRONG BY APPEALING IN THE WRONG NAME!

NO NEED TO USE YOUR REAL SIGNATURE - BUT DON'T POST IT BY ROYAL MAIL UNLESS YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION ON THE PCN. CERTAINLY NOT BY RECORDED DELIVERY - FORGET THAT! - ALWAYS USE THE ONLINE APPEAL PAGE - OR EMAIL IF OFFERED AS AN OPTION ON THE NOTICE - BECAUSE THE APPEAL CANNOT GET LOST AND YOU CAN KEEP PROOF/ A SCREENSHOT

This isn't rocket science, the PCN says where to appeal to, the reply also tells you to appeal. Do it!
  • Ibcus
    Options
    I'm not sure if you understood the original post, I was asking could I do it online if the pcn said to do it by post, I was told in so many words, yes.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    But the NEWBIES thread already told you NO, you can't, not if the PCN doesn't offer email appeal. How much clearer can I make it than the two bits above I've highlighted in red?

Isn't it obvious you can only appeal as per the PCN instructions...just do it and win, this is easy.
  • Ibcus
    Options
    Thanks for clearing that up.

It seems I was given the wrong advice, as I clearly said in the first post
    To appeal it says it has to be by post to a PO box number.

APCOA have a page titled
    View the evidence, pay or challenge my Parking Charge Notice (PCN/ECN)

Can we use this to appeal or does it have to be by post, and if we can why does it not mention it on the NtK?

It would have been spiffing if someone would have said no, it has to be by post like the letter says.

The newbie thread does say this though, so I did it:

Template appeal for BPA or IPC members - copy this wording into the online appeal box::

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure