USB Wi-Fi adapter

Options

Comments

• jshm2
    jshm2 Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just get a small Edimax wifi adapter. They're usually smaller than a thumb drive. If your wifi connection to the room isn't the best, then get one with an antenna.

These tend to work just as good as an internal wifi card.
  • EveryWhere
    EveryWhere Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    Options
    RumRat wrote: »
    USB Novel WiFi adapter
    Install the driver (From CD or online) then plug and play.
    My sister bought one of these and it's worked well. The advantage of using both 2Ghz and 5 Ghz is always a bonus if they are available.

That's too much!

Same thing at half the price
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    Are you still with Vista on that machine?
    If so, I've lost count of how many times I've sent you the relevant BIOS update for Windows 7.
    With a 120 GB SSD going for £25, it time to make the move. :)
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    EveryWhere wrote: »
    Are you still with Vista on that machine?
    If so, I've lost count of how many times I've sent you the relevant BIOS update for Windows 7.
    With a 120 GB SSD going for £25, it time to make the move. :)

Lol. You've not been ignored! I bought a (reconditioned) Dell Windows 10 machine, which is brilliant but unbeknownst to me you cant (easily) run Age Of Empires on Windows 10 so I have twp pc's side by side.

I have just found out that in Feb Microsoft released AoE the definitive edition for Win 10 but apparently there are many issues with it so haven't purchased just yet but when I do the Vista machine (may) will be going.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Since when was £22.38 half the price of £12.59 :rotfl:

You really need to pay attention to how much postage is when comparing items ;)
  • RumRat
    RumRat Posts: 4,796 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Really? Both are small change and I didn't say it was the cheapest you could get it...:)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    Since when was £22.38 half the price of £12.59 :rotfl:

You really need to pay attention to how much postage is when comparing items ;)

It appears that you are confused;

Confused.jpg
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    RumRat wrote: »
    Really? Both are small change and I didn't say it was the cheapest you could get it...:)

You must be joking!
    Linking someone to an adapter at double it's normal price cannot be considered money saving.
    You don't need to state that it is the cheapest, but on a money saving website, some might imagine that if you are going to recommend something to a relative novice, you might take care that they don't get ripped off in the process.

Small change to you, but I would be irritated spending £12.59+ on an item that could have been purchased for £6.39.
  • EveryWhere
    Options
    lol. You've not been ignored! I bought a (reconditioned) dell windows 10 machine, which is brilliant but unbeknownst to me you cant (easily) run age of empires on windows 10 so i have twp pc's side by side.

I have just found out that in feb microsoft released aoe the definitive edition for win 10 but apparently there are many issues with it so haven't purchased just yet but when i do the vista machine (may) will be going.

:)
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    It appears that you are confused;

Confused.jpg

Ooops! the computer i opened that link on has internet traffic routed through a proxy in the Netherlands, my mistake.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure