Accused of teaching but nothing missing?

Options
1235»

Comments

• ViolaLass
    ViolaLass Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Options
    Cheeseface wrote: »
    Definitely a troll. The word headmaster is not used in schools anymore. A teacher would say headteacher.

I'm not defending the OP but your assertion is incorrect. Both words might get used.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    robatwork wrote: »
    So many teachers can be justly accused of not teaching, that to get accused of it could be seen to be a small success in life. You were indeed nieve whatever that may be. Perhaps a different career beckons?
    hyubh wrote: »
    It's naïve, not nieve. Perhaps a different trolling opportunity beckons...?

Nice try hyubh showing off with spelling naïve but your knee jerking in excitement at outing a troll must have made you take leave of some basics in online put-downs.

Go back and read post #1 and perhaps you'll understand why I typed "whatever that may be."
  • 74jax
    74jax Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    scd3scd4 wrote: »
    I get issued a pair of work boots once a year................now lets say I sell them on Ebay and purchased another pair I like for work for the same price.

That maybe wrong and I suspect against policy for a number of reasons but its not stealing in my mind. Then again, maybe its just me.

I issue out PPE and would expect the same shoes returned to me either once a year to order you new ones or when you leave.

PPE is still the property of the company, for us anyway. As is our uniform.
    Forty and fabulous, well that's what my cards say....
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I also issue PPE in my job. If someone didn't like any items of kit they should tell me and I can get them a different style of boot or whatever item is the problem. I would be annoyed if they sold it, it's public money that's paying for it.

I think the issue here is proving that when the item sold, op really was going to use the funds for alternative equipment. Op do you have any proof of this? Did you pick out a new whatever it was? Discuss your idea with anyone?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    1. No it is not common for teachers to sell off school property!

In fact it's quite common to ensure that resources can be bought. It's not exactly playing by the rules, however the red tape on disposing of items can prevent money coming in, which then can be reinvested appropriately.

I think that a good sit down with your head will help sort this out. Your intentions were good - the your head will understand why.
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    However, the funding cuts 'defense' would only work if OP had:

a) asked for the resource she is claiming to want to reinvest in (end of school year budgets get used up on all sorts so they don't lose it)
    b) been refused money for this resource
    c) be able to show an absolute desperate need for THIS resource which cannot be met by any other resource the school already has.

Or d) the headteacher is enough of a raving Trot for the Tory cuts argument to win their sympathy, and to prioritise their political affiliation over the interests of the school. A lot of teachers are raving Trots so it's worth a go. The OP has nothing to lose (if it's not a wind up, which it is).
    If they cannot do the above I dont see how blaming lack of funding justifies these actions.

It can't be justified regardless. But blaming Tory cuts appears to work in all kinds of other walks of life. It would be almost refreshing for the little guy to try to get away with it instead of some council chief executive or NHS bureaucrat earning £300,000 a year plus index-linked pension.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure