Problem guests in UK budget hotels

Options
2»

Comments

• Kathy535
    Kathy535 Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I stay in hotels around 2 nts a week and have done for around 6 years now. The last 4 years have been in budget hotels mainly. In my experience there!!!8217;s always someone noisy above or next door and often people slam their doors late at night, talk in the corridors or drunkenly stumble around and bang into walls. It!!!8217;s part of the !!!8216;fun!!!8217; of staying away from home. I!!!8217;ve never experienced the type of thing you describe but it would never occur to me to assume it was aimed at me, it!!!8217;s just people living their life in a rather inconsiderate way.

If I found that this happened in every hotel and in every area I stayed in I would start to look for the common denominator......
  • Jox
    Jox Posts: 1,651 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This reminds me of Alan Partridge staying at the budget hotel, he was a nightmare guest!
  • steviebuk
    steviebuk Posts: 146 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    If it's the kind of hotels I'm thinking of, you're along the right tracks coffeehound, and it's not limited to a few local authorities, it's everywhere. I take supplies out to vulnerable people (through a charity I help run), and the number living in B&B's and nasty cheap hotels is disgraceful. Unfortunately the LAs have nowhere else to place them.

What is wrong is that the government think it acceptable to dump vulnerable people in unsuitable and inadequate accommodation. I don't envy you having to stay there, but you have a choice to go elsewhere, they don't.

What they said.

Unfortunately LAs pick the cheapest hotels/B&Bs they can find in the area.
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    You cant stop people reacting to the typing and it can hardly be called unreasonable noise on your part so....Buy a pair of earplugs.
  • iltisman
    iltisman Posts: 2,589 Forumite
    Options
    You get what you pay for.
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Im really struggling to accept that typing of any description could be heard from an ajacant room.

And are you jumping to colclusions here, or have you been told by the hotel staff that these numerous people who annoy you are housed there rather than paying guests ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure