HSL market system is a scam

Options

Comments

• Owena1
    Owena1 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Ok. Facebook has now approved the group.
    The link is the same as I private messaged everybody last night
    WITH THE ADDITION OF A ! AFTER 84
    Regards
    Adam
    Any Problems Message Me Here
  • Ooops!
    Ooops! Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 27 April 2018 at 5:10PM
    Options
    Add me to the list then.

Just come across this thread and confirmed my suspicions. I'll be reporting this on Monday to the recommended parties as highlighted in previous comments.

I'm not on Facebook so relying on posts from here.
  • Jimmy1241
    Options
    I need adding on Facebook group please
  • martyn.pope13
    Options
    I have also reported to Action Fraud and got a CNR, please
  • clubconsoles
    Options
    Owena1 wrote: »
    Ok. Facebook has now approved the group.
    The link is the same as I private messaged everybody last night
    WITH THE ADDITION OF A ! AFTER 84
    Regards
    Adam
    Any Problems Message Me Here
    cannot find your FB group? would you pm me please. Thanks!
  • Jack1057
    Options
    Hi

I was contacted a few weeks back about an investment brochure and whether I would be interested in looking at it, I said yes and they sent me a leaflet about something called “RVS closing system”.

Today I got a phone call from a very well spoken, good mannered intelligent sales person, going by the game of Daniel Miller. Daniel was telling me that he had a trading system that is used by the banks, however right now they are offering a very limited amount of licenses at £4925, the system costs £9850. I do not have to pay the other half of the money until I hit their expected trading target of £30,000 in 2 years. He asked me if I had a pension or an ISA. He said, why have an ISA when you can cut out the middle man and trade yourself. He told me the system predicts what stocks to invest in and I should expect to make a profit of at least 10% of every trade I make. He told me that the system has a fail safe so that even when I lose out in stocks I can only lose 5%. In year one I’m expected to make £12,000. In year two I’m expected to make £30,000. He will be my account manager to make sure I am always making the right decisions. He recommends I start with paper trading to get used to the system.

Having read this thread, I know that this is just HSL, re branded as RVS closing systems. It’s probably the same people. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel Miller is the same guy who sold this to people on here going by a different name. I can see that a lot of people on here have lost a lot of money, and quite rightly want justice.

What Daniel/RVS do not know, is that I now know that they’re con artists. However I am expecting a phone call from him tomorrow at 4:30pm as he is going to demonstrate the system to me over the phone whilst I am on my laptop.

People quite rightly want justice from these scum bags. Can somebody please advise me on what I should now do? Can I help in outing these people for what they really are? I want to bring these !!!!s down! (Apologies for the language)

I can only say I am very sorry to hear about some of the stories on here about people losing money. He was very convincing, very professional, articulate and intelligent over the phone today, I was convinced it was a great opportunity, I am not surprised at all that others invested! Having read this thread, it has definitely saved me from being scammed!

If there is any way in which I can help, please let me know!
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The sales patter I overheard when doing an install in their premises is exactly the same as Jack1057 has detailed.

Whoever is running your Facebook group should add the name RVS Closing to your group to attract victims of the new scam and hopefully warn potential customers who google RVS
  • clubconsoles
    clubconsoles Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    Jack1057 wrote: »
    Hi

I was contacted a few weeks back about an investment brochure and whether I would be interested in looking at it, I said yes and they sent me a leaflet about something called “RVS closing system”.

Today I got a phone call from a very well spoken, good mannered intelligent sales person, going by the game of Daniel Miller. Daniel was telling me that he had a trading system that is used by the banks, however right now they are offering a very limited amount of licenses at £4925, the system costs £9850. I do not have to pay the other half of the money until I hit their expected trading target of £30,000 in 2 years. He asked me if I had a pension or an ISA. He said, why have an ISA when you can cut out the middle man and trade yourself. He told me the system predicts what stocks to invest in and I should expect to make a profit of at least 10% of every trade I make. He told me that the system has a fail safe so that even when I lose out in stocks I can only lose 5%. In year one I’m expected to make £12,000. In year two I’m expected to make £30,000. He will be my account manager to make sure I am always making the right decisions. He recommends I start with paper trading to get used to the system.

Having read this thread, I know that this is just HSL, re branded as RVS closing systems. It’s probably the same people. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daniel Miller is the same guy who sold this to people on here going by a different name. I can see that a lot of people on here have lost a lot of money, and quite rightly want justice.

What Daniel/RVS do not know, is that I now know that they’re con artists. However I am expecting a phone call from him tomorrow at 4:30pm as he is going to demonstrate the system to me over the phone whilst I am on my laptop.

People quite rightly want justice from these scum bags. Can somebody please advise me on what I should now do? Can I help in outing these people for what they really are? I want to bring these !!!!s down! (Apologies for the language)

I can only say I am very sorry to hear about some of the stories on here about people losing money. He was very convincing, very professional, articulate and intelligent over the phone today, I was convinced it was a great opportunity, I am not surprised at all that others invested! Having read this thread, it has definitely saved me from being scammed!

If there is any way in which I can help, please let me know!
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:money::money: please let us know your outcome of this call, fascinating reading, Thank You Sir!!
  • john2688
    john2688 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 2 May 2018 at 4:54PM
    Options
    Hi,

I have, unfortunately, been victim to the same scam.

Would be interested in hearing about any further action being taken.

Has anyone considered whether the software installed could contain malware or similar? I have concerns that personal information could have been stolen...

John
  • YouFUMS
    YouFUMS Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    You can add me to the list of HSL victims.
    I paid £4950 last October for the s/w with a guarantee that this would be re-imbersed if the system did not achieve a profit equal to the acquisition cost.
    I also stumped up £649 for the stock data updates. I can't believe I have been so stupid to believe these criminals. Rebecca Owen was the first contact, then I had a 2 hour convincing demo by a guy called Scott, and finally most of the regular contact through the first few months was with Austin.
    Since October I have followed the system, and it has drained almost £600 in losses (on top of the initial outlay)
    My suspicions of fraudelent play were realised when emails started to bounce back recently, and the phone line is dead. A quick google search has led me here...Let's hope there is strength in numbers.

I will now report this to the Fraud action group, and see if my Bank is able to help in any way. I paid all the upfront costs via BACS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback