We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Got a Barclaycard? Get cashback
simonhunter87
Posts: 75
Forumite
in Credit cards
I called up a couple of days ago to cancel my Barclaycard (i think it's just a classic mastercard) as I only use a credit card for spending and have Egg Money for 1% cashback and Abbey for 3% on my supermarket shopping.
I got sent through to the loyalty dept and was asked why I was leaving - i didnt lie and explained I could earn money from other credit cards - and she offered me 3months at 3% cashback straight away with the possibility of renewal at the end if i call again.
might be a good idea if, like me, you cannot get the 4% capitalone cashback card
I got sent through to the loyalty dept and was asked why I was leaving - i didnt lie and explained I could earn money from other credit cards - and she offered me 3months at 3% cashback straight away with the possibility of renewal at the end if i call again.
might be a good idea if, like me, you cannot get the 4% capitalone cashback card
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards