Dla to pip

Options

Comments

• easy
    easy Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    GlasweJen wrote: »
    I was refused points on cooking because I can put a Tupperware dish in the microwave even though taking it out and burning myself is a huge risk.

But in that case Jen, you answered the question incorrectly. You can't heat up a microwave meal, because you can't deal with it once it is hot (exactly the same for me).
    Putting a tupperware box into the microwave isn't preparing a meal.
    If I was asked "can you put a tupperware box of food into the microwave?" I would answer no. If they followed that up with "why not" I would tell them it was because I couldn't safely take it out again.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say. :)
  • Kimberley1234
    Options
    I had my assessment last monday and haven't heard any thing as yet. But know it take awile any way.
    I now do think that when i was told the froms there to trip you up then the assessment is there to trip you up its true.
    Honestly i filled in the froms telling them what i can and cant do.

I did what i did with my sons dla he gets middle care and lower mobility even when every professional i have spoken to says he should be on full.
    Maybe because i didnt get help filli g in the froms.
  • kingfisherblue
    kingfisherblue Posts: 9,203 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I did what i did with my sons dla he gets middle care and lower mobility even when every professional i have spoken to says he should be on full.

Professionals often don't understand the criteria for DLA, in my experience. To be awarded DLA, a child must have more care and/or mobility needs compared to another child of the same age. Middle rate care is awarded for substantial care needs either day OR night. High rate care is awarded for substantial care needs both day AND night.

High rate mobility is usually for those who are virtually unable to walk, although it can be awarded for severe behavioural difficulties if high rate care has been awarded. Low rate is for help with supervision.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had my assessment last monday and haven't heard any thing as yet. But know it take awile any way.
    I now do think that when i was told the froms there to trip you up then the assessment is there to trip you up its true.
    Honestly i filled in the froms telling them what i can and cant do.

Last Monday is only 6 working days ago because you don't count weekends. I know you're anxious but 6 days isn't long at all. Have you rang for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you a good idea what the decision will be, as they mostly go with the report. It's also useful to have if you're refused and have to go down the MR/Tribunal route.

DLA and PIP are totally different. The forms aren't there to trip you up but you do need to have some understanding of the descriptors and going by your previous comments i don't believe you fully understand it.

You will also need relevant evidence to support your claim because they rarely contact anyone, as has been stated.

You stated that it was only the mobility part you were wanting because of the car but the criteria for this is different to DLA.

There's lots of advice on the internet all about PIP, the descriptors and what they mean. Having some knowledge most certainly helps.
  • Kimberley1234
    Options
    I am not really that worried i am more what will be will be sort it out after. Probably the pain killers i take make me more relaxed.
    I have enough evidence to prove why i cant stand or walk with out pain and have sent it to them.

I was happy with the award my son gets he can walk but needs constant supervision and he sleeps through the once asleep. Thats why its middle rate.

I went to the assessment thought it went well but started to wonder why i was only asked to example why i cant do certain things.
    I just wanted to know other people experiences and i didnt know you can get points from using a aid.

I think i will use a few days to read up properly i have only experience pip through other people talking about it.
  • Kimberley1234
    Options
    Another update still no report yet or decision yet.

how long should it take for the report to arrive or should I ring them again.
    Kim
  • Kimberley1234
    Options
    I decided to ring them this morning and apparently the report has to be approved before they can send a copy. So they havent sent it yet and i was told its still in a pile to be looked at and that it will at least the end of july before i hear any thing.

Kim
  • Kimberley1234
    Options
    Hi i got my report and think i was scored 16 on mobility and 12 care. What are the chances a award if i get one will same the same points or well it be knocked down.

Any advice
    Kim
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    They usually go with what the healthcare professional recommends. Nobody can say for sure, but it's encouraging.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,988 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi i got my report and think i was scored 16 on mobility and 12 care. What are the chances a award if i get one will same the same points or well it be knocked down.

Any advice
    Kim
    The easiest way to check those points for sure is to use this PIP self test. Look at the dots in the report and place them in the test so they match up.

http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport