* Consumer Refund Service* What to do next.

Options
124»

Comments

• societys_child
    societys_child Posts: 7,110 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 December 2018 at 9:44PM
    Options
    A number things actually, but they have had their hands full sorting out the mess, and lets not mention the B word.
  • un_boeuf
    Options
    An elderly relative of mine received one of these letters recently. She is happy to lie to me or conveniently 'forget' details when asked, so at first she claimed she didn't know anything about the letter, but had to backtrack when I pointed out she had made a tick on the letter next to '1 - Sign Up' which is the first step in their process. So I suspect she has sent them some info in the hope of getting some free money.

Potentially, how much crap has she let herself in for? Any idea? She 'can't remember' what she sent them. This isn't the first time she's been duped (and lost thousands of pounds).
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    un_boeuf wrote: »
    An elderly relative of mine received one of these letters recently. She is happy to lie to me or conveniently 'forget' details when asked, so at first she claimed she didn't know anything about the letter, but had to backtrack when I pointed out she had made a tick on the letter next to '1 - Sign Up' which is the first step in their process. So I suspect she has sent them some info in the hope of getting some free money.

Potentially, how much crap has she let herself in for? Any idea? She 'can't remember' what she sent them. This isn't the first time she's been duped (and lost thousands of pounds).

she'll probably end up bombarded with phone calls trying to convince her to sign up for their 'services', especially if they smell blood in the form of a 'Yes PPI' response from a lender. They'll be keen on signing her up for a complaint as they'll be after their 20+% (+VAT) for something that is completely free for her to do herself without the aggro.

Though, to be fair, if you can't reason with her and you feel she's lying, let her be. There's only so much one can do and some people just can't/don't want to be helped.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure