IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

UKPC Second stage

2»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 137,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    A notice by UKPC was put on my son's vehicle in March, but the Reg Number on the notice was one digit wrong.

Having received a 'Notice to Registered keeper', with a new Parking Charge number ( Quote, replacing the original numbered one ),
    You have nothing to worry about, and will win at POPLA.

UKPC have failed to properly issue a Notice to Driver (wrong VRN, so it was a nullity and has been 'replaced'). Then the postal PCN/Notice to Keeper has failed to 'repeat the information in the Notice to Driver' and arrived too late to be a postal NTK in accordance with para 9 of Schedule 4.

So, both documents together do not comply with Schedule 4 and cannot be put right by 'reissuing' what appears to be a new PCN by post with fresh vehicle details, because that arrived after the 14 day period for postal PCNs (and cannot be a NTK as described in para 8 of Schedule 4 either, because UKPC admitted that the postal document 'replaced' the wrong PCN that is a nullity).

Either way, there can be no keeper liability. Neither the NTD nor the NTK were properly issued in compliance with the POFA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bearpeje
    bearpeje Posts: 26 Forumite
    Hi coupon-mad,

And thank you so much for actually addressing the legal points to be made at the POPLA stage.

I really understand the Anger / Hatred of these bods, but I can only suggest, that those, like me, who have come here (prob via a google search), NEED a reply like yours, that points out their failure to comply with time guidelines etc.

Just replying with derogatory remarks about these B***ards, however understandable, does nothing to assist with individual claims.

Thank you again, and I now feel confident if this does go to POPLA stage :-)
  • bearpeje
    Just as an update, a letter arrived today dated 30th April, identical to the last one I started this thread about, and giving us another 14 days to provide driver's details.

Interesting also, that the envelope had already been opened, and was in a sealed plastic bag from Royal Mail apologising for the condition of the letter, and seeming to blame 'UK MAIL' who appear on all of UKPC envelopes.

Feeling even more confident if this gets near POPLA
  • bearpeje
    :j

OK, so the last from me, on this one.

Letter arrived from UKPC to say that "Whilst they feel that the parking charge was correctly issued", they have decided to cancel the parking charge as a gesture of goodwill !

My huge thanks to all those who assisted me on this, and for anyone in a similar situation - Keep The Faith :-)
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,738 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 25 May 2018 at 3:11PM
    bearpeje wrote: »

Letter arrived from UKPC to say that "Whilst they feel that the parking charge was correctly issued", they have decided to cancel the parking charge as a gesture of goodwill !

My huge thanks to all those who assisted me on this, and for anyone in a similar situation - Keep The Faith :-)

They knew they would lose at PoPLA so decided to save themselves some money.

Well done. Now get complaining to your MP and Sir Greg Knight MP about this unregulated scam.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 137,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    bearpeje wrote: »

Yay!

Out if interest, as they were banned by the DVLA by the last week in March, what was the date on the Notice to Keeper and what was the date of the windscreen PCN before that?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.