Claiming from Midland Bank

Options
2»

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The 8 week deadline allows you to refer to the FOS but bank will most likely put the complaint on hold if you do that so worth giving them more time
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Update - now we have gone over 8wks since original claim (closer to 10), ive not had any letter from HSBC
    You can now certainly refer your case to the Ombudsman, but there seems little point in doing so in your circumstance since such action would likely delay any decision still further.
  • Northernsaver18
    Options
    Noted, thanks both, I am not desperate to refer to the Ombudsman, but a simple update letter from HSBC would have been appreciated, in fact their earlier correspondence stated I would receive an update if ongoing after 8 weeks. .

I guess there may have been a spurt of claims following the recent advertising campaign.
  • Northernsaver18
    Options
    UPDATE

Not had any further contact from HSBC but checked the bank this morning and £2.5k has been paid in, will wait for the letter to turn up and update you on the detail.
  • Northernsaver18
    Options
    The redress letter has arrived in today's post (dated 29th June) it only covers the Credit Card repayment protector claim, which was upheld. No mention of any of the loan PPI claims so I hope that these are being addressed separately? the amount is a lot higher than I expected given my statements only had £350 of payments, they have calculated £600 not that I mind!.
  • Northernsaver18
    Options
    So having waited a month since HSBC upheld my credit card claim, ive had no correspondence in relation to my complaint for the three loans I had. I've written to HSBC requesting an update, not really sure whey its taken 4mths to process the claim (to date).

all complaints were issued at the same time via the online form.

'Tardy' is a word that springs to mind
  • Northernsaver18
    Options
    Well I wrote again to HSBC and recieved a reply on 9th August to say they were looking into it, today ive had nearly £2k deposited in my account, will await a letter to detail how this sum has been arrived at
  • Northernsaver18
    Options
    Letter arrived today, dated 7th September. Claims upheld for all three loan accounts where PPI was front loaded. So this brings my PPI journey to a close almost 6mths after starting my claim with HSBC. Ive received around £4300 redress in total. Without the paperwork I had found in the loft, the claims would have been dead in the water. Good luck to all still seeking redress.

Until the next selling scandal Adieu!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Until the next selling scandal Adieu!

Once bitten, twice shy as they say. Hopefully you won't get miss-sold again
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing