PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

NHBC CEO email address

Options
Have a problem with my house that NHBC are liable to resolve. Long story short, i’d like to email the CEO. Have tried the website “c e o e m a i l . c o m” but this lists the old guy who quit in 2017. Current CEO is Steve Wood. Have tried applying the logical method of standard email addresses and emailed swood@nhbc.co.uk but all emails get bounced and looks like the address only receives emails from certain senders (I would guess to help stop people like me emailing the CEO).

Anybody got any advice on alternative email addresses for this guy?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,323 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not Steve Wood's email addy but contains several manager's email working for the NHBC

http://www.nhbc.co.uk/AboutNHBC/Contactus/TeamAreas.pdf
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a problem with my house that NHBC are liable to resolve. Long story short, i’d like to email the CEO.

Have you tried going through the normal channels and met with a problem?

Emailing the CEO might make you feel better, but what you write will probably never be seen by them, even if you find the 'correct' address.

Longer ago than I care to remember, people used to write to a certain government minister.The letters actually came to me and he never saw them.

I would begin my reply: "The Minister has asked me to reply to your letter of 11th April".... etc etc, which was a lie, because the only time I ever met the Minister was in the lift!

Eventually, I decided to get a real job that helped people.

As the NHBC is an organisation set up and paid for by the building industry, it's not realistic to expect it to be impartial or on your side. At best, it will do the minimum it can get away with. Like the GGF, which I had dealings with last year, it's likely to be a law unto itself when it comes to making decisions on contentious matters involving its members, and you may have no come back.
  • RiggerMortice
    Options
    Thanks deannatrois. I'll try some of the contacts on the list. Where did you find that?!

Davesnave... It's a very long saga that's been going on for over two years. There have been numerous visits by NHBC and it's been through the consumer affairs department who have decided (as you would probably guess) that they are not liable. The whole thing is more ridiculous than you can imagine. I'm trying to avoid legal proceedings because it will take ages and I'm sick of dealing with it.

I'm hoping that someone more senior within the organisation can look at the cost of fixing the issues (about £4k) versus the potential cost of hundreds of thousands of homeowners finding out that their houses dont meet building regulations and make a sensible commercial decision.

I figure that Mr Wood would probably never see the email but I'd hope that it at least makes it to his PA. Can't really blame NHBC for blocking the email address but it's a bit frustrating!

But thanks to both of you for your help.
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Talking of MPs, it might be worth writing to yours. The NHBC really are a shower of proverbial.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Davesnave... It's a very long saga that's been going on for over two years. There have been numerous visits by NHBC and it's been through the consumer affairs department who have decided (as you would probably guess) that they are not liable. The whole thing is more ridiculous than you can imagine. I'm trying to avoid legal proceedings because it will take ages and I'm sick of dealing with it.
    Your story sounds very familiar. I found the smaller trade body, the GGF, toothless and disinterested in maintaining standards in any real sense.

Even when presented with evidence of serious structural corner-cutting by their member, they did nothing to investigate this. It was left to me, the customer, to supervise remedial works. There were no sanctions imposed to dissuade the company from doing the same thing again.

I withheld a substantial part of the final payment and asked the GGF to send the matter to arbitration, because I still wasn't happy with what had been supplied, or their response.

At that point, after asking for more photos, I was told my case "probably wasn't suitable." No reasons.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure