PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Do I have any rights?

Options
13»

Comments

• Doodles
    Doodles Posts: 413 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would also walk away.

Short lease that is going to cost you, no parking when you thought it was, and now issues with the mortgage.

Not worth the hassle.
  • Becks12
    Becks12 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would also walk away. You won't be able to extend the lease until you've owned the property 2 years so you'd have an 83 year lease left.
    I live in a big development of flats, I'm currently selling mine (hence lurking on here all the time) but the other leaseholders are doing a mass lease extension. We're on 86 years and the cost is expected to be c. £15,000 per flat which is apparently quite cheap. On 83 years you could be paying a lot more than that.
    Would you be able to find that two years after buying a flat?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure