Suitable wording for letter from Executor to Beneficiaries

Options
2»

Comments

• Spanishomelette
    Options
    Thank you SevenofNine. And I thought I was the only one who was dealing with nightmare family (and not even my own family!). Makes me glad to have been asked to act as Executor :( . Never again!
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    We know, not bothered.

The 'legal effect' we'll fall back on is if ANY of 3 beneficiaries have one single negative word to say we'll dump it all in the lap of suitable solicitors, given that 1 of them was seriously misusing his POA over the deceased's finances for the 14 months the deceased was widowed until he died (had dementia), & he knows we know (now), so is busy feigning a nervous breakdown. The other 2 are his adult offspring, they'll know as well if any of them give us the slightest trouble.

Then he can answer for why, when income FAR exceeded expenditure every single month (to the tune of approx. £180 per week), the bank account was shrinking by the minute!

Families - who'd have them! :mad:

Wouldn't unsuitable solicitors be best? :D
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Which poses the question as what steps have been taken to involve the OPG. I realise it may tricky but despicable acts should not be allowed to go unchallenged if at all possible.

You're right YM99, we've gone through shock, disbelief, fury, disappointment & been left with sadness. One minute we want him to answer officially for what he's done, (& pay it back from his 'share'), the next we just want to wrap this estate up & distance ourselves from him permanently.

Husband is aware he also has responsibilities as executor, his brother has effectively cheated the other beneficiaries of thousands (husband & our own son are the other 2 out of 5), but TBH after a personal tragedy 2 years ago, we've neither the heart, energy nor stomach to bring him to book. We just want him out of our lives.

Sometimes I simply don't understand human nature at all.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Yorkshireman99
    Yorkshireman99 Posts: 5,470 Forumite
    Options
    You're right YM99, we've gone through shock, disbelief, fury, disappointment & been left with sadness. One minute we want him to answer officially for what he's done, (& pay it back from his 'share'), the next we just want to wrap this estate up & distance ourselves from him permanently.

Husband is aware he also has responsibilities as executor, his brother has effectively cheated the other beneficiaries of thousands (husband & our own son are the other 2 out of 5), but TBH after a personal tragedy 2 years ago, we've neither the heart, energy nor stomach to bring him to book. We just want him out of our lives.

Sometimes I simply don't understand human nature at all.
    Thank you. I had a feeling that it was something like that. On a personal level I find it intensely frustrating that such dispicable behaviour can go unpunished. I wish there was an easy solution. The LPOA system is over bureaucratic and despite the good intent behind it fails to address what I suspect is a common problem. Mutter, mutter, mutter! In your position I personally would have been tempted to deduct the amount stolen, if known, from the culprit.s share and suggest they sue if they want to. Mutter, mutter, mutter! Rant off!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure